Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2000 chevy blazer tranny Question??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 02:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smitty1244
Well it does it some times when i pull in my drive way when i have the wheels turned. I noticed when i am in revurse and back up on a hill it get worse. It sound like it comes from the rear end. It only does it at slow speed i just dont get it
it seems really strange that you mention the noise appears to be coming from the rear end, and when you reverse on a hill it's worse. but that would be due to the fact there is more load on the driveline, when on a hill.
what is really strange, is that the position of the front wheels affects the sound/vibration;

Originally Posted by smitty1244
when i back up its at normal speed. And i do not turn the wheel so its hits the inside. When i back up and turn the wheel stright it goes away
i can't see how the wheels being turned would affect something in the rear end, other than the fact that it would increase the load on the diff.
check the whole driveline-front to back-or have someone else, to determine if anything doesn't work as it's supposed to.
if it's in the diff, it could be a spider gear(?) is worn and binding/jamming somehow, causing the vibration? does it do it in both directions (going left and right)? or just the one way?
until you thoroughly check everything out, you can only guess what it may be. so start eliminating sections of the driveline, and that would include the trans, t-case, c/v shafts, and both the front and rear diff's.