Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2000 LT WOT no power *video*

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012 | 06:39 PM
shwagiedo is on a distinguished road

To be honest im leaning more towards a trans problem at this point in time. Guna try a few more thing tomorrow when i get the blazer back. Ill post how my next expermients go after i do them tomorrow and let you guys know what i find. Someone also told me maybe it might be the torque converter lock up thing causeing this problem. So ima guna put the scanner on it tomorrow and activate it while driveing and see if that does any thing. If not ima call the guy who just rebuilt the trans and see what he thinks. Till tomorrow ttyl and gl guys.

Old 01-07-2012 | 09:51 PM

Well guys after useing scanner and playing with the TCC it wasnt that so i tried pulling out and o2 sensor to see if it was the cat. No go there. So then i checked timing again and then compression. All was good. So then i checked fuel psi against my buddies balzer that was running fine. Both were idleing at 52psi and once reved the engine it shot up to 60psi on both blazers. So i checked map and maf on the scanner all looked good. At this point i gave up for the day and came inside. Once inside i kept trolling sites and decided id give it a last try since my buddy was still here i swapped MAF'S and then took my blazer for a ride and BAM all fixed had all my power at WOT and it actualy seemed to idel better. Just to double check i put her old maf back in and all the symptons returned. So 100 bucks at autozone for a new one. Well turns out my buddy put a cold air intake on his blazer and had his old MAF sitting in his closet. So he gave it to me we installed it and all is good now. I hope this helps some of you out ohh yea and PS i tried to clean hervold maf took it completely apart and that did not help at all and nothing looked broke on it. So my guess is u could still have a bad maf. Good luck and post back if this helps you guys out.

Old 01-08-2012 | 07:52 AM
Beginning Member
dave2800 is on a distinguished road

shwagiedo, Thanks for the update on the MAF and glad to hear it cured the problem. It's hard to believe the MAF could cause all these problems but if it fixes the problem I'm all for it. My Blazer has been sitting for months with this problem and I've about pulled my hair out trying to fix the problem. I'd pay $300 for a MAF if I know that would cure the problem. I am going to try and stop at Autozone on the way to work and pick a new one up. I'll let everyone know how I made out.

Old 01-08-2012 | 08:16 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unplugging the MAF should have been the first thing you tried after reading my post on 11/7 .

Glad that worked out for you though and was a cheap fix.

Old 01-08-2012 | 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Longer02
Unplugging the MAF should have been the first thing you tried after reading my post on 11/7 .

Glad that worked out for you though and was a cheap fix.

Other than there's many more readers on here.. {by necessity?}. the main difference between this and Ford Forums.
You are very kind.

I, being a vet of Ford boards for several decades, am not. Such a 'miss' would have resulted in the same hoots of derision one encounters among good buddies at happy hour when they find out one of their own missed the obvious. I'll let it go with that.
- If you dont know what I'm saying, watch 'How I met your mother, the League, or even Big Bang Theory. Nothing new.. exactly how it went way back in the sixties.

Though we STILL dont know what OldSkoolSoldier did to resolve his problem.

Hopefully a future reader will not spend the time and effort expended here.

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2012 | 06:41 AM
|
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Though we STILL dont know what OldSkoolSoldier did to resolve his problem.

Hopefully a future reader will not spend the time and effort expended here.
I haven't fixed anything yet lol.

Insted of shelling out 3 hundred fpr a new MAF, find someone with a 4.3 and ask to plug their MAF into your motor for now, use a known good part, try 'er out!

-OSS

Old 01-10-2012 | 09:22 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
I haven't fixed anything yet lol.

Insted of shelling out 3 hundred fpr a new MAF, find someone with a 4.3 and ask to plug their MAF into your motor for now, use a known good part, try 'er out!

-OSS
I just picked up a MAF at Autozone for $99.99. There is a $40 core charge. I'm going to put the new one in as soon as I have some coffee. I'll report back if it helped.

Old 01-10-2012 | 10:28 AM
Beginning Member

Well I am happy to report the the MAF sensor did the trick. Thanks shwagiedo for the update on the MAF. I only ran it down the road a mile and back but it now has good throttle response and doesn't bogg down upon WOT. I plan to take it on a longer run on Friday when the wife can follow just in case. If that did the trick it was well worth the $100.

Old 01-10-2012 | 11:10 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

"Cardone" eh...
Here's hoping for you they do better QC on those than their !@#%#@%! reman. Rack and pinions.

They just might if they really:
  • Tested at 20 different points (85% more than O.E.) based on output voltage or frequency of unit, to identify any anomaly between the 3 points tested by O.E. and to ensure the unit will not cause hesitation or stalling
  • 100% full-function, computer tested under simulated engine environment for on-the-car extremes of heat, cold, shock, and vibration
  • 100% resolder of critical components to ensure superior electrical connections, no intermittent failures and longer product life
  • 100% disassembly and component renewal* to ensure the most reliable products
Highlited is critical points. Go to youtube and you'll see that a large percentage of fail MAF are found by 'tap test' That means bad circuit board connections in most cases.

* ??? Highly doubt they replace anything unless it's a dead fail.

BTW: It sure would have been great for someone to just TRY and see if unplugging the MAF pointed out the problem.. but hey..

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-10-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2012 | 06:22 PM

Glad to hear the new maf fixed ur problem as well. I still have my old maf ill put it back in this weekend run it a lil bit then shut it off and unplug it and see if that helps since so many of you are curious and have me wondering as well. Ill post back my results later.

Quick Reply: 2000 LT WOT no power *video*