Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2001 4X4 Blazer Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

My opinion of buying a use fuel pump is NO. Its liable to be bad, and there is much effort that goes into changing a fuel pump.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Beginning Member
Mgregory2K is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I was just hoping someone could validate my laziness. I'm going to work on it this weekend and do it right. I've burnt myself in the past by half-azzing jobs.

Thanks for all the help and if I run in to anymore issues I will probably be back.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

I would not buy a used one. Its way to much work to go through just to put a used one in.

Even though the used one was working when the vehicle was wrecked or junked out, after setting for a long time it may not work, and even if it does it may not last very long.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i was talking with a co-worker about when i changed my pump and the fact it was so expensive. He's a good shade tree/redneck mechanic that builds big mud trucks/engine swaps and such and asked why i didnt just use one out of an old camaro......? will they actually work?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Beginning Member

So, I can get the Blazer started with carb cleaner in the intake, but it won't stay running. Even if I hold the gas down it stalls out.

Is that still fuel pump or fuel injector...or both?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That verifies that it is a lack of fuel causing the no-start condition. A fuel pressure and leak down rate test is necessary to determine the true cause.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
r6thor is on a distinguished road

my 2000 zr2 is having a starting problem as well only when i use starting fluid is does nothing i have changed out the dist cap and rotor. any ideas

Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r6thor
my 2000 zr2 is having a starting problem as well only when i use starting fluid is does nothing i have changed out the dist cap and rotor. any ideas
No problem in following along in a thread, but when it comes to asking for help with a question that has different conditions that of the OPs problem, it is time to create a thread of your own.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 PM
r6thor is on a distinguished road

ok sorry

Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Beginning Member

This thread is OK to close by me. However, I've run out of things I can do on my own so I'm dropping it off at the shop at the end of the week. If you'd like to keep the thread open I can post the final fix (according to a auto shop)

Quick Reply: 2001 4X4 Blazer Not Starting