Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2003 zr2 blazer problems HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Beginning Member
janet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2003 zr2 blazer problems HELP!

Ok zr2 was acting like it was missing. I have a warranty so i called the dealer where i got it. Took the blazer to them. First thing they said was the cap and rotor.so we drove there my husbandreplaced it in there parking lot not the prolem. I paid for a diagnosis which says A) check eng. light was on and engine seemed to be missing 22 nees start/stall condition repaired first. B) engine starts and stalls repeatedly 24 codes P0200-P0300-P0016 No spark to cylinders, needs distributor cap and rotor.

Ok so he said they needed to check the cylinders ok well #3 was low on comprssion but no the problem. Ok so now they wanted to do a block check but could not due to blazer would not stay running so they are doing a leak down test and takeing the valve cover off. valve cover looks good now they need to take the head off to check deeper in the motor. Now i have been without a vehicle for long enough so i througha fit and they gave me on to drive and as we were talking he informed I,my husband and a friend that the head had been miled once before. first they said it was the gasket then they said no it is the head it is worped. It was also low on coolant.so it was sent off and miled down. now they are putting the motor back together and i am going to pick it up.

I dropped it off on june 13,2008 picked it up on july 19,2008 and when i picked it up it ran the same way i droped it off plus i was told that it needed a fuel injector. As i was waiting i ask a fewquestions like the head being miled and of course he said he never said that! and #3 low compression not fixed. did you figure out where the coolant has gone to NOPE. He got mad and walked out so i ask the cashier if i could have copyies of those papers and i got them and was not happy to find out some things.well gota fuel injecterthat was not the problem either now i am way passed mad[:@].

I found out that oil cooler lines were leaking they were replaced. also found out warranty comp. refused coverage due show cause yea dealership sent head off to be fixed before warranty comp. got there. but dealership still says warranty comp. covered it but i have a paper that says different. here is my invoice that i paid for 200.00 deductible. A) customer states installed cap and rotor in parking lot and that the vehicle did not start- cause: oil lines leaking. cylinder head warped. 10 replaced leaking oil cooler lines. R&R left cylinder head and had resurfaced. 1-HS9354PT-6 headset. 1-oil filter. 6- lube 1 bulk oil. 1-dexcool. 1-15194578 pipe. 1-15194579 hose. 1-dexcool. SUBL CYL HEAD SUBLET. 86072 OIL LINES LEAKING. CYLINDER HEAD WARPED NOTE: VEHICLE RUNS BUT RUNS ROUGH. NEEDS FUEL INJECTOR.

nice huh! and i still can't drive my blazer. Well i have made a complaint on the dealership through D.M.V. and they have accepeted my complaint and i have a lawyer on this to there is so much more that has happened with dealership of accuseing me of taking the hole distributor out of the motor. To where i have a work performed/needed paper that states P&A used engine assembly - need a couple of days to pull motor (WHAT) yea why did they need to pull motor. - block test-unable to perform - leak down test (valve or rings) not done. cylinder compression #1-155 #3-low on comp. (75)#5-200 #2-170 #4-150 #6-165 and i ask if that was taking care of he said no (WHAT). and it also says runs good/oil level good/clean. Now you see why i made a complaint. sorry for this being so long. I am a newbeeI didn't know how else to explain. If some one can help that would be awsome. thanks janet

Old 09-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Beginning Member
Default RE: 2003 zr2 blazer problems HELP!

Hey sorry guys and they did not even do anything about the codes that where diagnosis. I also said to him about a leak down test that if it is more then 30% leakage indicates trouble. he said he didn't know where i heard that i told him Yahoo autos.com under what is a leak down test. that is when he got mad and walked out. and i could go on and on about this but i am just looking for some idea to get my blazer fixed it really sucks to have a vehicle in the yard not running and still have to make payments on it on sept 13,2008 will be 3 months since i have be able to drive it. thanks again janet

Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Your best bet at the moment is to find a reputable shop that will not rip you off like this place has and appearently is still doing.

Leaking oil lines will not cause your blazer to not start and continue to run. Same with low compression in #3 cylinder. A bad cap and rotor will but you say you have already replaced that.

Get a list of all the codes and go from there. I seriously doubt they pulled the head, let alone the engine. These engines are notorious for leaking manifold gaskets, usually at the back. This could be the cause of loss of coolant and low compression on #3. Check your oil to see if you have coolant in there.

Report them to the Better Business Bureau, also. Ask around to find a better shop from your friends. Good luck on finding a mechanic who will not rip you off. They do exist but can be hard to find.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A leaking intake manifold will not cause a low compression condition.

My bet with the #3 cylinder low compression is that they did not bother testing it. With the proximity of the steering shaft, it makes for a difficult time getting a compression tester installed. I have done it and I can tell you that the shop probably did as well, but did not go through the process of disconnecting the steering shaft to do it.

Beyond that, I could not follow your post. It is very difficult to read when you use run on paragraphs. A little extra formatting goes a long way in making it easier for those willing to help.

Is this warranty coverage?

It does sound like they think you are a cash cow (no disrespect intended) and are trying to get as much money out of you as they can. You should not have to pay any further deductible if it is warranty coverage as they have not repaired the condition.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Beginning Member

Hello Ok I went and put paragraphs in my first forum for you to read better sorry about that. Isaid it was my first time but thanks for the info on how to post a forum i will try to do better this time for you all.

My husband has a code reader and it still comes up P0016 Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A. That is what it read before we took it to them and that is what it still reads. My husband has his mechanic license he can fix things that are not covered on the warranty. If the are covered he has to get permission from the warranty company first.

On the warranty it states everytime you bring it in to be fixed there is a deductible and it cost for a diagnostic. plus if it would of been the head gasket it would of cost me up to $900.00 yea bunch of crap. You have to have the gasket to put the head and block back together and it is not covered. The head and block are covered. My warranty is a power train warranty.

On getting another shop to work on it. I will as soon as the Bureau of Regulatory Services - (D.M.V.) Department of Motor Vehicles do there investigation. Which an investigator was assigned to my complaint case on Sept 9th. I am not for sure what all happens I do know that i will be recieving a letter in the mail soon. My lawyer i have is one bad mamma jamma. He is the Cheif Rep. for a man at the capital in Lansing MI. When your lawyer calls up the D.M.V. and ask them to expedite your complaint and they do he is damn good. Anyway he says we need to wait and see what the D.M.V. does and then we will do are thing. which I don't know what that is but sounds good to me.

The list of codes are P0200-P0300-P0016 that are the only codes that came up.

We think the timming has jumped? Not for sure I just want this fixed so i can enjoy my blazer once again. Thanks for your help I will keep you informed if you would like. just let me know. If any more help please let me know thanks again janet

P.S. hope this was better to read

Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the timing chain were to have jumped, it most certainly can explain low compression numbers, but it should not be off by much if the engine is running.

I would have to read how the warranty is written. It may not cover gaskets, hoses, belts, etc. If they removed the head, they have to install a new head gasket. You cannot reuse head gaskets and hope to have any kind of success. I will stand by my statement though. If the work did not fix the problem, then they are still repairing that problem, not a new one. That would be like paying the twice for a meal if the cook did not prepare it properly.

Run a search for "P0300" and you should turn up a rather large thread on the subject as well as the P0300 Explained thread I created. I have created a new thread on the P0016 code which is for 2002+ vehicles in the DIY section - P0016 Explained. I was unable to find diagnostic steps for the P0200 code in any of my references, but was able to find THIS PDF which explains the proper steps for diagnosis (albeit for a 4cylinder, but things should be almost identical). Concerning the P0200 code, this could be something as simple as a damaged injector wiring harness. The P0300 code is likely being caused by one of the others (or both).

Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member

The engine is not running it will crank over but will not start.

I guess i should of explained the gasket a little better. Here you go i pulled out the warranty this is what it says.

What this limited power train warranty does not cover. For a breakdown caused by the failure of any seal or gasket. So if the gasket would of been the problem that caused the blazer to breakdown then i would have to pay.

Now with the deductible I understand what you are saying about paying double. the warranty paper that is in the vehicle window when you buy your vehicle. It says $200.00 per repair visit. So iam thinking since i left the dealership with it not fixed and go back they will charge me again maybe i am wrong. If i don't have to go to them ever again i will be so much happier. You just don't understand how much crap they put me through.

This is the first time i have ever bought a vehicle with a warranty and i don't know if i ever want to buy another. I do know i will never buy a vehicle from this dearler again!! Ok thanks again i am going check out thread maybe we will have some luck.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for all your help. my blazer is running now took it to a little shop in town a two man shop and they figured it out. it was the fuel metering body. they removed 5 gal of gas that sprayed in the engine. blazer is runing really good thanks for you info

Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief...and the dealership couldn't figure this out? That's insane.

Glad you found a good, reputable place to take her to now - and for the future.