Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

92 s10 blazer - 4 wheel drive problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
kodieg is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 92 s10 blazer - 4 wheel drive problems

Just recently me and my girlfriend bought a blazer for $1,000. I test drove it and it seemed to get around just fine. Well after we took it home i saw that the 4 wheel drive was on. I turned the 4 wheel off and wasn't even able to get it out of my driveway. So i tried to put it back in 4 wheel drive and no go It has the toggle switch on the dash. (Up is 4hi, Down is 4low). The switch just wouldn't do anything, no lights, no 4 wheel drive. We called the guy and asked him if he knew anything about this and he said that he'd been driving it around in 4hi all winter. So i checked the actuator under the battery tray, it's good. Swapped the dash switch out with one from the junk yard. Replaced the switch in the transfer case. and then it worked perfect for about a day. Now I'm back to the same problem, push the switch and nothing happens, no lights, no 4 wheel drive. Usually when i push the switch you can here it engaging and stuff. But I'm getting absolutely no response.

Could it be the dash switch?

I've looked all over the Internet, searched multiple forums (including this one). It seems plenty of people have had this problem, or problems like it. But i can't seem to find the solution.

If anybody can give me any sort of help it would be greatly appreciated. Iowa winters are rough and we need the 4 wheel drive in this truck to go to work and back.

Thank you.
-Kodie

Update: I've read a little bit about the TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module) being a possibility to my problem though haven't found much information about them. Does anybody know much about these?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the article in the Tech Article (DIY) section by error_401. There is a link in my signature that goes to the index of posted articles for your convenience.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
kodieg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Check out the article in the Tech Article (DIY) section by error_401. There is a link in my signature that goes to the index of posted articles for your convenience.
Thank you very much for that helpful link. Oddly enough though i went out and played with the truck a bit. (Put it in drive then reverse, ect.) And got it stuck in my driveway, so i left it out there running to see what happened when it got nice and warm. Left it out there running for a good 15 to 20 minutes, went back outside and put it right into 4 wheel drive and backed it out of the driveway.

So i don't know what would be causing this but apparently my truck needs to be warmed up pretty good before the 4 wheel drive will kick in? Haha.

Anybody know what could be causing this?