Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 blazer no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
radrobracing is on a distinguished road

Plugs are wet, I did a comp test and got at 4 cycles 160-165 per cylinder its got brand new rings in it and valves didn't leak. doesn't have more than 30-40 min on motor yet. I did not do a wet test of the compression.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Compression is good. It has to be a spark issue...

The distributor isn't 180* out of time is it?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Unfortunately no at 180 it won't line up to the imprinted 6 inside the distributor body one side or the other.. I know, I know this truck makes no sense. I just took out after market pump and put in a Delphi pressure is 1 pound weaker but it holds on leak down better so let's see what happens!

Well that's odd just went through sensors again like I have been testing with scanner and coolant temp sensor is at 148 Wtf well there's a problem engine cold and it's 65 outside maybe 70 in shop looks like I'm changing that since that links to fuel delivery.

Nevermind backed out and got back in its now 69

Last edited by radrobracing; 05-24-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give it a whirl at 180* out.

One other thing I have run into before is that the outer ring on the balancer will slip on the rubber dampener material and cause an initial mis-alignment of the crank as the first step of the timing procedure. The crank should be ~15 degrees past top dead center #1 on compression when it is set correctly.

I'm not sure that a reading of 148F on the ECT sensor would cause the symptoms you are experiencing... That is roughly the threshold between fuel enrichment mode and closed loop operation, but it still shouldn't cause a flooded or no spark condition.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM

Put a new balance on it the original motor had a spun one it and I do have spark.

Last edited by radrobracing; 05-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Well, yeah, meant to say mis-timed spark.

Have you checked the rotation marks when #1 is at TDC on compression? Then taken a look at where the rotor is pointing?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM

Well I bit the bullet and took it to a local garage! We will see what they come up with, I will post they're findings!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Starting Member
whitemfox is on a distinguished road
Default 96 blazer

I have a 96 Blazer, 4.3 engine 4 door, the problem is it will not start unless I put gas into the throttle body then it starts right up. and runs fine.my fuel pressure is around 50psi. and when I drive it the throttle body get very hot but the engine is running at normal temp. Someone told me that the pressure needs to be at 60psi and I will have to replace the fuel pump is this right. I have been driving it over 2 years doing this so I dont see how it can be the fuel pump. I did change the fuel filter and the gas that came out was a very blackish color.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Starting Member
csjenkins1 is on a distinguished road

I have a 95 Blazer 4.3 engine 2 door 4x4. This thing has been down since October of 2010. We have changed all sorts of things on it and still it will not crank: several sets of plugs and wires, distibutor, dist cap, coil relay, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump and filter, crank sensor, have checked fuses by door panel, and we just bought and put on the Spider fuel injector today. Still not cranking. If you put gas in the throttle body it will crank and run just until the fuel runs out. If you push the release valve under the hood you get a shower of fuel. Does anyone have any ideas as to what else it may be? Any ideas will be greatly accepted. Please reach me at 7702356921 or 7708689652.
Thank you for your help,
Scott