General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No start-have fuel pressure-will start with ether

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
actionpaintball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No start-have fuel pressure-will start with ether

1995 Jimmy 4.3 130k miles

Did the fuel pump swap 20k miles ago-just died. Will crank over-have 58PSI at fuel test port on manifold at engine. It will start on ether (starting fluid) via air filter-so I know its related to fuel delivery-but I can hear the pump come on and the pressure is fine.

What do I start troubleshooting from here?

Thanks,
TIM

Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 PM
chris1857 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: No start-have fuel pressure-will start with ether

I sure hope someone has an answer for you because I have the same problem with my 97 4.3 blazer. I put a question out on forum and got 53 hits with no replies.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:51 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked inside of upper manifold for gas leaking from fuel pressure regulator or the fuel injection spyder or the lines (nut Kit) going into to the fuel pressure regulator? Have read a lot about those items leaking and causing no start/rough idle conditions....

Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

I've deleted your new post since it is basically a second post of this one. The info from it is copied and pasted as shown:

1995 GMC Jimmy 4.3 auto CPI injection:

No start condition

Recent new fuel pump and filter. I have 65 PSI fuel pressure on the test-rail and it will stumble and start with ether/gas. NOID light show sporadic injector pulse; sometimes will blink steady for 5-10 pulses-then nothing; repeat NOID light test after turning off ignition-no pulses or a single random pulse.

What should I be checking next?

ECM?
Crank Position or other sensors?
Anyone have Ohm test ratings for various sensors?

Please read the rules of the forum.

If you have more info to add to what you have here, edit your original post or post again in the SAME thread. Starting a new thread will not create more traffic for your problem, it will just clutter up the forum.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:14 PM

NO CPI regulator leakage.
Leak down test looks good.

How prone are the EMC's to dieing?

Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Checked ECM grounds....all tested good and looked good with OHM's tester reading zero.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Voltage to the injector solenoid should bebetween 5.44v and 7.53 volt when the coolant temperature is between 50 and 90 degrees f.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your ignition control module tested.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:06 PM

OK-update and still not starting. New crank sensor, new Ignition control module. It will still start with ether and run rough. 62 PSI on fuel rails and sporatic noid light test-a few hits on the injector when first cranking-then nothing...

ECM?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Lowtruck94 is an unknown quantity at this point

check the ohm reading on your injectors, more then often when you replace a fuel pump from an old one with less than good pressure and then you turn the pressure up, you are working your injectors fairly hard, best thing to do is ohm them out, I'm not sure what type of fuel delivery sytem you have wheather SEFI, CPFI, or CMPFI but I think ohms readings between 11.0 and 13.0 for that year is normal,you can check with someone from autozone and they could tell you about what it should be, the reason why the noid light would be only blinking in the begining is because it is looking for feedback from those injectors