Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 blazer tranny prob. please help....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
armymedic is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer tranny prob. please help....

Ok, so I bought a used 95 blazer, with the vortec V6. The motor runs great, but heres the problem... the transmission will not shift out of first gear, the ony way to get it out is to let off the gas and ket the rpms go down than it shifts fine and runs great. But i have to do this everytime i stop. I looked under the blazer and noticed quite a bit of tranny fluid dripping. From the front of the motor all the way to the tranny pan. I checked the tranny fluid and its so dang hard to see exactly where it is at, but to me it looks like there could be too much. Any ideas? I appreciate it alot. Thanks all!

Old 04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any stored codes? Are you checking the fluid with the engine running, transmission in park, and the truck on a flat/level surface? What is the condition of the fluid?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM

The fluid looks good, not cloudy or dirty, i have not checked codes, and yeah i checked it on a flat surface. But had the motor off after i drove it........

Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It will always read over-full if you check it with the motor off. The engine must be running to get a proper reading. It helps to have the transmission up to operating temperature as well.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:07 PM

I will check it and let you know tomorrow, gotta work. So operating temp. Keep her running put in park than check! Lol sorry I think im dumb