Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 Chevy Blazer 4.3 (W) Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you found the issue! Let us know when you get it back on the road!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
blazerguy709 is on a distinguished road

Sorry its taking so long for me to update guys, finally got the blazer up and running. I did have to replace the 2 lines going into the spider as well as 3 of the 6 feed lines to the spider after that a new cap and rotor new plug and wires it seems to have been brought to life after severe neglection. i bought it for 700 bucks and I think with some TLC we may have a winner. One issue though it idles really low so a mechanic adjusted the idle, it kept stalling out on me and this was before I replaced the cap rotor etc... now it idles very high LOL yeat when im on the highway im doing great should I get the idle readjusted or is there something else I can do. I watch the rpm and when im at a stop sign or red light it almost feels like someone is trying to get on the gas as much as it fluncuates open to suggestion...thanks for your help P.S. put new tires on her too feels like i restored a car just wasnt planning on it being a Blazer but it has been fun..

Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
jigger is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear it, congratulations!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazerguy709
One issue though it idles really low so a mechanic adjusted the idle, it kept stalling out on me and this was before I replaced the cap rotor etc... now it idles very high LOL yeat when im on the highway im doing great should I get the idle readjusted or is there something else I can do. I watch the rpm and when im at a stop sign or red light it almost feels like someone is trying to get on the gas as much as it fluncuates open to suggestion........
do we really need to answer that one for you?

seroiusly............think about what you're saying......."it almost feels like someone is trying to get on the gas", you're killing your fuel mileage, your brakes, your trans & eventually, your engine!

so of course you should have it corrected. don't really know why you would've "adjusted" it when you hadn't even completed the tune up.