Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

96 blazer trouble starting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Brandon, haven't been on puter for last few days and only have a couple minutes...but I asked Captain Hook (a super-expert) to look at your thread. Here is his response:

"Regulated pressure at 60psi is the bare minimum. With regulated fuel pressure at the minimum, fuel volume will also be at the minimum. Starting with a shot of either indicates a fuel delivery problem, could be stale gasoline. Knowing that the fuel is old, I think I would drain it completly, put fresh fuel in it, and see what happens. Even with the pressure where it is, it should start. Holding at 58-59psi doesn't sound right to me. When the pump shuts off, pressure usually drops 3-5 psi (not 1 or 2 psi). Probably ought to do the pressure and leakdown test again too.

Since there are no DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), whatever is causing the problem, is something that is not monitored by the PCM: The fuel system is not monitored by the PCM "

Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Beginning Member
vonholt53 is on a distinguished road

its your pump your suppose to have between sixty to sixty five on a cold start mine was doing the same thing it would jump up to fifty eight then drop but thats not enough on a cold start i put a new battery plugs coil pak plug wires distribter dis cap rotor button fuel pressure regulater and a fuel filter and still no fix then i put the pump in and it starts right up now but your suppose to have 60-65 and not go below 55 for ten min with the key on i do believe and if u check it at the filter i think its 70-100psi

Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rockp2
Brandon, haven't been on puter for last few days and only have a couple minutes...but I asked Captain Hook (a super-expert) to look at your thread. Here is his response:

"Regulated pressure at 60psi is the bare minimum. With regulated fuel pressure at the minimum, fuel volume will also be at the minimum. Starting with a shot of either indicates a fuel delivery problem, could be stale gasoline. Knowing that the fuel is old, I think I would drain it completly, put fresh fuel in it, and see what happens. Even with the pressure where it is, it should start. Holding at 58-59psi doesn't sound right to me. When the pump shuts off, pressure usually drops 3-5 psi (not 1 or 2 psi). Probably ought to do the pressure and leakdown test again too.

Since there are no DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), whatever is causing the problem, is something that is not monitored by the PCM: The fuel system is not monitored by the PCM "
It shoots up to 60 and drops to 55-56 sometimes holds at 58 but I took the spider out it holds fuel no leaks but all the clips are broke on the spider there fragile.

Originally Posted by newguy
your doing all the hard stuff first
My dad told me to take the spider out and clean it wasnt that hard actually fairley easy to take everything apart. But the spider holds good no leaks but the clips broke . I know the spider can be clogged so I might take it apart blow air through it and clean it real good then replace the lines.

My fuel pressure regulator didnt have a hose on it is it supposed to? Also are you sapposed to be albe to blow air through the regulator?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Kilo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bdemutis
My fuel pressure regulator didnt have a hose on it is it supposed to? Also are you sapposed to be albe to blow air through the regulator?

my 01 4.3 got to where it wanted to crank for awhile before starting well after calling and checking 3 different places and getting 3 diff answers of what fuel pressure should be i just replaced the fuel pressure regulator located on the the back.of the spider box....you should be able to blow air through not that i would it has a diaphram in it if you can blow air through then its leaking fuel causing a leak causing low fuel pressure and it does not have a hose on it like most youmay have beingthat thehose is.vacuum well in the 4.3 tge regulator is inside intake under intake ...source of all vaccum so you dont need it

Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Kilo
my 01 4.3 got to where it wanted to crank for awhile before starting well after calling and checking 3 different places and getting 3 diff answers of what fuel pressure should be i just replaced the fuel pressure regulator located on the the back.of the spider box....you should be able to blow air through not that i would it has a diaphram in it if you can blow air through then its leaking fuel causing a leak causing low fuel pressure and it does not have a hose on it like most youmay have beingthat thehose is.vacuum well in the 4.3 tge regulator is inside intake under intake ...source of all vaccum so you dont need it
I might just replace the whole spider. Also I tried to blow air through it both ways the thing is clogged I dont know if you said you cant or can.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Wait, you took your spider assembly apart to clean it? and you could blow air through your regulator? Well, first off, I am pretty sure you broke your spider assembly, and no, you are not supposed to be able to blow air through the FPR, and, there is no hose supposed to be attached to the regulator.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
Wait, you took your spider assembly apart to clean it? and you could blow air through your regulator? Well, first off, I am pretty sure you broke your spider assembly, and no, you are not supposed to be able to blow air through the FPR, and, there is no hose supposed to be attached to the regulator.
I just got a new one the one in there was the original factory fuel spider. So I got the BWD fuel injector and bracket going to replace it tomorrow. I put the new bracket in but it feels loose like it needs a washer.

Hoping this fixes it crossing my fingers. I'll keep it updated after I put it in.

How tight is the bracket supposed to be the new BWD one seems really loose I can slide it front to back when bolted in and I can pull the bracket off without removing the bolt.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Starting Member

I replaced the spider started first try stepped on the gas and the cble snapped now I got to replace the throttle cable lol. Just my luck

Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Except for the cable, thats a good thing

Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by newguy
Except for the cable, thats a good thing
Yea I dont know where to get the cable evrywhere I call no one can get it and the chevy parts counter just closed at the dealer

I appreciate every ones help thanks now just need to find a throttle cable.