Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

98 blazer. Transmission cooler. Where to mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 AM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road
Default 98 blazer. Transmission cooler. Where to mount?

Ok i'm looking to do some light towing, and offroading with my 98 4wd blazer. I'm looking to add an aftermarket transmission cooler to it and i was looking and was wondering where you guys are mounting them? I couldn't see many spots except for maybe behind the grill?
Any ideas and possibly specific coolers you guys run would be helpful. looking to do it as soon as possible. i just want to get the right cooler that will fit.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is a topic that has been discussed in the past in great detail. A search for "trans+cooler" should bring up the pertinent threads.

Hayden and B&M used to be pretty much indistinguishable. However, B&M has since altered there design to add a viscosity bypass region to the cooler. This diminishes over cooling so you can plumb the cooler in on either side of the stock, in radiator cooler. I recommend the largest (within reason) B&M SuperCooler you can buy.