Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

98 jimmy stalling wont restart till cool

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 98 jimmy stalling wont restart till cool

look for a thread called 4x4 no worky in the do-it-yourself section.

it will cover teh vacuum lines pretty well. if you still have questions, post up.
vacuum leaks will cause performance problems.

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:21 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

NO, you do not need to do anything with the PCM when you replace the ICM.

As far as the wiring, I have seen wiring splice jobs cause excessive resistance and a no start condition. It is possible that the shop that did the replacement just didn't seal up the wiring properly. I find that the 3M shrink wrap butt connectors work great in applications such as these. They have a heat activated glue inside that completely seals the connection as well as strain relieves the splice.

Hope this helps!
Where do you buy the 3M shrink wrap butt connectors?? I don't believe I have ever seen them. I use shrunk tubing but a shrink wrap connector would be real cool.
Thanks,
Craig

Old 05-02-2008 | 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Walmart of all places! I was just as shocked when I found them there. That is where I buy them from now. These butt connectors are the best you can buy retail IMO.