Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

99 ZR2 wil not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
JPate is on a distinguished road
Default 99 ZR2 wil not start

Replaced the fuel pump, Filter. Motor is getting fuel but have no gauged it. Motor cranks and almost fire after a couple times of trying. Pulled plugs and cleaned just in case if fouled them. Relay is good. Just can not figure it out.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Beginning Member

Geee Thanks for the help people. But I got it.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

relax brother, not every post gets seen/answered right away.

i've waited more than a day for an answer.

glad to see you figured it out. why don't you share to fix with the rest of us, might save a fellow member the same in the future.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
relax brother, not every post gets seen/answered right away.

i've waited more than a day for an answer.

glad to see you figured it out. why don't you share to fix with the rest of us, might save a fellow member the same in the future.
Sorry for the attitude. Just frustrated with my truck. I have dumped a lot of money into it that I really do not have at this time.
Well the FP went out so I dropped the tank and cleaned the tank up and replaced with a brand new FP. Get it all back in and filled back up with fuel and primed the pump and lines and then tried to start it and it almost fires. Called a friend and we tried starter fluid and it fires up and dies. So we now knew it a fuel issue, So we checked the pressure and nothing registers on the gauge. So we checked all fuses and relays. All good. So I dropped the tank again and check the power to the pump. Power at the wire harness. So the New pump is junk. Then to top it off while trying to get the connector off I snapped the Front fuel port on the fuel pump. So I hope the auto store will let me return it. If not I just lost $250.00 on that pump and will have have to buy another.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

now we can understand why you're frustrated & pissed off.

i'm sure the part store would be willing to exchange it. i just hope you bought a good Delco pump, most of the aftermarket one's seem to be garbage. just going by what i've read on here regarding other member's FP issues.

keep us updated when you get it fixed-for good-this time.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
Blazinbeatz is on a distinguished road
Default Did you fix it

Hello, I just had this similar problem happen yesterday. I was driving for 5 minutes, got on the freeway, then all Of a sudden car dies on me.
So what was your fix? I can still hear my fuel pump turn on, I
have gas and a new battery. The car tries
to start when I hold the key on. One thing I do notice is a lot of play in my distributor.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Blazinbeatz
Hello, I just had this similar problem happen yesterday. I was driving for 5 minutes, got on the freeway, then all Of a sudden car dies on me.
So what was your fix? I can still hear my fuel pump turn on, I
have gas and a new battery. The car tries
to start when I hold the key on. One thing I do notice is a lot of play in my distributor.

say what? care to explain a little further.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member

Got the new pump. So I decied to hook it up before I put into the tank and had my boy tun the key on and nothing. So I got the tester out and now no power to the pump so I must have a wire grounding out some where. I am do working on it. It's going to the shop and after it is fix I am going to sell it