Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

What????? a thousands bucks! I hope we dont have the same problem then haha.Thank goodness Oklahoma doesn't have Inspections anymore!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by okvortec
What????? a thousands bucks! I hope we dont have the same problem then haha.Thank goodness Oklahoma doesn't have Inspections anymore!
Yeah, hopefully we don't but I was reading somewhere on the forums that the issue I've encountered is common in 2001 blazers so it is a possibility unfortunately I suppose.
Originally Posted by swartlkk
That's no good... Maybe get a second opinion on it though.
Yeah, that would be a smart move. I somewhat know the owner's son of the dealer ship fairly well through my father. He cuts pretty fair deals because of the business he gets from my family's vehicles. Going to speak with him again before I shell out that kind of money, I also have a buddy that works or worked at a chevy dealership as a mechanic for awhile and has owned a couple blazers.

Last edited by Rp9110; 04-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Starting Member

I found out from my dad that the guy we know from the dealership said if I can find the part for cheaper he would do it for 2 hours of labor. I just found the part online, but I'm gonna look to see if I can find it any cheaper. The paperwork the guy at the dealership has it saying my blazer is 4x2 but its 4x4, is that going to make a difference in the part? Its the ABS Brake Control Module.
GM PART # 88982299
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $1,052.68
OUR PRICE: $547.49

Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No, really should not impact the ABS control module.

You could have your ABS control module reconditioned. There was a thread a long while back where another member used a service to recondition the ABS control module.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Starting Member

Oh alright, I found this with some googling http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php
They recondition the module apparently, I wonder what the shop would say about getting the module reconditioned as an option.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the fact that you would have to remove the ECBM and send it in to have it worked on... I am not sure if you can drive your truck while they have your ECBM (just the electronic portion of the ABS pump).

Looks like they can only do the 325 module and not the others. Hopefully that is what you have.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM

You can still drive the truck without the module and the brakes won't be affected. I dont know about Blazers, but on some Chevys the speedometer gets a signal from the ABS module and may not work until the module is put back in, but I'm not sure if it effects Blazers. I'd be interested in seeing how much it cost to have it reconditioned since I'm pretty sure I;ve got the same problem with my Blazer.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Looks like $130 plus the ride.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Not bad considering it's a $540 part if one were to buy it new. I'm assuming it just as easily installed as it can be removed

Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Starting Member

Yeah its a large price difference, I'm kinda interested in that website where they repair it and mail it back to you. Wonder if anyone on the forum has tried it before.

Quick Reply: ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????