Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Try a search on "modulemaster".

Old 04-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Other than the fact that you would have to remove the ECBM and send it in to have it worked on... I am not sure if you can drive your truck while they have your ECBM (just the electronic portion of the ABS pump).

Looks like they can only do the 325 module and not the others. Hopefully that is what you have.
When I searched the part number on google it came up with this link (So my understanding is that my module is included): http://www.modulemaster.com/tmp/gmab...-Feb14-07.html
Going to call them and find out some details and if everything sounds good have the dealership pull out the module.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
BryanM is on a distinguished road

Whoa - deja-vu all over again. I also have an 01 with both the BRAKE and ABS lights on. I tried all the "cheap" solutions (1) cleaned front ABS sensors, (2) re-grounded the ground wire, (3) unplugged the battery for 1/2 hour to reset the error codes and voila ...... still have the problem!

Actually, both lights did go out after re-grounding. But they came back the next day. Like others, my brake system works fine - just not the ABS brakes.

I have not pulled the sensor on the trans-axle. Is there an ABS sensor in that location? Would it do any good to clean it?

Midas told me that I probably need a new wheel bearing. $45 to check the error code and $350 for the bearing plug labor. Ahhhhh, no thanks. Not yet, at least.

Any other frugal suggestions?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The VSS sensor on the back of the transfer case (4wd) or transmission (2wd) could be dirty, but it typically will cause the speedo to jump around a bit as well as affecting your ABS.

You can check the WSS at each front wheel with a multimeter set to the mV-AC scale. You should be seeing in excess of 250mV-AC across the sensor when the wheel is spun. 300-350mV-AC is the ideal state. Any less than 250mV-AC and it is going to trigger an ABS light.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:00 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'll add my name to the list of '01's having this problem!
The ABS light has been on along with the Parking Brake light. The parking brake light was actually off for about 15min yesterday, then came on again. As far as I can tell though, my parking brake is still working, the light just won't turn off.
I'm going to try cleaning the ABS sensors. The old owner said he has replaced all the ball joints/wheel bearings and brakes in it, and when he did the brakes he never replaced the ABS components of the brakes (even though the new parts were provided with the kit he had). He just re-installed the old ones lol.
I've had the ABS lock up on me once...not sure if anyone else had this problem. I pulled the ABS fuse (which in turn will keep the light on) to make sure it doesn't lock again. Anyone else had it lock up on them?
If and when I get around to doing that, I'll let you know how I make out.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Starting Member
blazerJim1701 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem last year... Have your Brake lines bled... for the brake light.. ABS you need new hubs with sensors.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me add my name to the 01s with both lights on. Mine came on right after I replaced my cvs and had the bearings off. Will getting it scanned tell me exactly whats setting off the lights?

Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I had mine scanned and no, it didn't tell me the problem, but it did tell me why my SES light is on.. malfunctioning air pump..

So there are 6-7 of us with 01's having this problems... I think I'll check into recalls..

Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hah think I'm going to do that module master ABS EBCM repair for $130, definitely not going to shell out a grand to get a new one from the dealership. I've been putting it off but I don't want to put it off for too long.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant get a scan of the abs system from the dealership not just an obdII scan. Also would a bad sensor on the wheel bearing cause the abs light to come on and in turn eventually cause the e brake light to come on?

Last edited by willjones; 06-05-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply: ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????