Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009 | 12:15 AM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

I just read my ABS codes and am kicking out the C0265 code. Good to know that modulemasters is out there. I'll try to remember to post a followup after troubleshooting.

Old 12-22-2009 | 07:45 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 98 blazer with the ABS light on. not the brake light tho.

Old 12-22-2009 | 02:44 PM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leeclark
i got a 98 blazer with the ABS light on. not the brake light tho.
Best get the code read at your fastest convienence. I know my local autozone's can't read ABS codes. There are some out there that you can buy, but for some reason they're expensive as all hell. My Apex scan tool that hooks up to a USB can read them if you have the correct software. That'll run you about 150$... best guess. Your best bet is to just call around and see of any shops that'll read codes for free, and find out if they can read ABS codes.

Old 01-20-2010 | 01:17 PM
Beginning Member
95WcodeBlaze is on a distinguished road

My 95 blazer has had the abs light on for about 2 years.. didnt have it scanned till a week ago. found out the code was for the front left sensor.. now the next day, all of a sudden, the abs light doesnt come on, ignition or running, and the brake light comes on, blinks once, then stays on. Module maybe? or should I just try to replace the sensor first and recycle the battery power to it?

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:46 PM
Beginning Member

Anyone?? Bueller??

Old 01-22-2010 | 06:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You do know you can test the sensor... That's documented in the Tech Article (DIY) section under the 5MPH ABS Activation TSB thread. Click on the Tech Article (DIY) Index in my sig for a link to that thread.

Old 01-22-2010 | 09:52 AM
Beginning Member

yea i tested the old sensor, which was bad, changed it out with a new one, tested that one which was in the range, but still havin the same exact problem. I also disconnected the battery for over an hour with no avail. Its a 95 and its got the kelsey abs unit. still confused..

Old 01-22-2010 | 12:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ohm'd out the wiring from the sensor to the ABS control module?

Old 01-22-2010 | 02:36 PM
Beginning Member

no. but im gunna check it out tonite. what range should that be in?

Old 01-22-2010 | 02:44 PM
Administrator

VERY low, if anything.

Quick Reply: ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????