Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Change engine and tranny together?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013 | 06:57 PM
|
Bobcat13 is on a distinguished road
Default Change engine and tranny together?

Probably a stupid question here so just bear with me. I own a '97 Blazer and I am in the process of having a rebuilt 4l60e put on it. At work today I told this girl about what I was having done to it and she said that she had a Blazer at one time and she had the tranny changed out and 3 months later the engine went out. She went on to say something about it being because the tranny was too strong for the engine. Now I could understand it being the other way around, where the engine is too strong for the tranny. But this really makes no sense to me. Could someone please verify that this girl has no idea what she's talking about? Or if it's true could someone explain to me why?

Old 11-21-2013 | 09:45 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

lol no. 4.3s are 200hp +/-

same trans are behind ls1s etc 350hp+

she just got into bad luck.

dont worry about it.

Old 11-22-2013 | 05:56 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bobcat13
Probably a stupid question here so just bear with me. I own a '97 Blazer and I am in the process of having a rebuilt 4l60e put on it. At work today I told this girl about what I was having done to it and she said that she had a Blazer at one time and she had the tranny changed out and 3 months later the engine went out. She went on to say something about it being because the tranny was too strong for the engine. Now I could understand it being the other way around, where the engine is too strong for the tranny. But this really makes no sense to me. Could someone please verify that this girl has no idea what she's talking about? Or if it's true could someone explain to me why?
The engine was probably on its way out when the transmission went. Maybe it was running hot which killed the trans. and then it killed itself.