Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

changed intake askets and other stuff and now i have a p0306.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road
Default changed intake askets and other stuff and now i have a p0306.

Hey, guys i have another problem and i would like to figure it out before i go blowing a bunch of money on it. So here it goes.

I bought a 97 Bravada with some engine noise but the engine only has 60,000 miles on (have receipt to prove it).I thought that it sounded like a collaped lifter. It idled smooth and drove smooth, So i took it apart and found 4 broken lifters and replaced all 12 of the lifters just to be safe. The cam showed some wear but nothing to bad. after i got it back together the lifter noise was completely gone WOO HOO! But now the bad part, Im getting the p0306 code (cyl 6 misfire). and it is definately noticeable. So it has new intake gaskets and the cap and rotor are good b/c i put them in my jimmy and it ran fine. i still need to check out the plugs and wires. But own thing i'm wondering about is if the intake could be leaking vaccum? but it seems to smooth out at higher rpms but i'm gonna drive it sometime this weekend to verify that. If a vaccum leak was present i would think that i would be able to hear it annd it would run worse than it does but im not sure. I did unhook the vaccum from the brake booster after it sat for awhile to see if it was holding vaccum and it was, so this makes me think that its not a vaccum leak, would this thought process be correct?

Sorry to make it so long but just trying to give all og the details i can think of.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

you have a clogged injector poppet, it happens when you turn the intake upside down to clean the gasket areas. either replace the injector/s or take it to the dealer for a injector cleaning with the gm tech 2 and nitrogen.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info i'm gonna check it out and see what i can get done. I was wondering if there was a way i could do this myself? Like taking the fuel lines off and filling the spider with fuel injector cleaner or something like that. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks, Dustin

Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM

well i went out kinda mad and drove the bravada a little harder than i would if i wasnt mad at it and it came out of it and now it runs great. So i guess it just needed a beatin to clean out the icky poppet. man did i get lucky, thanks for the help!