Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Code p0758

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 AM
mav06 is on a distinguished road
Default Code p0758

Hello i have a 2000 chevy blazer with 188k miles on it. I just bought it and the Person selling it to me didn't tell me that he had problems with the transmission YAY wonderful. so i scaned the computer and i got this code p0758 with is the solenoid 2-3 B. Well i have replaced both of them but still have the same problem. Could it be wiring? i have checked any fuses that would have to do with it. I am getting a little frusterated with this truck but please let me knwo if you have any help or have had problems with this before i would apprecate any adice you could give to me.

Matt

Old 05-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This may help:
P0758 - Shift Solenoid B Electrical

It can sometimes be easy to damage the wiring inside the transmission pan during a fluid service. This is especially true with those models which have a clearance issue between the exhaust cross over and the transmission cross member.

You can also try searching for that code and P0753 to find other threads relating to these two codes. Other than the fact that they are different solenoids, the diagnosis is quite similar.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:31 PM

Well i have replaced both solenoids, ignition wiring harness and still have the same problem. It keeps acting up it will go away for about 1/4mile then it will act up again and i wont have 1st or OD just 2/3/and Reverse. Any more ideas. i have checked the power to the solenoids i am getting 11.68 to both of them. i have 22 ohms on both solenoids. I need help i don't know what do check or do.

Thanks matt

Old 06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated in the trouble code description, an intermittent problem can be caused by a broken, corroded, or loose wire somewhere in the circuit. I suspect that is your problem. There is no easy way to help you out with that diagnosis... It is just testing...

Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 PM

What do i need to be testing the Wireing harness that goes down to the Transmission? How do i test them? I haven't had to do this. How do i trace wires? Ect.. sorry but if you could help me i would apprecate it

Matt