Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

corvette servo upgrade?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Beginning Member
71Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default corvette servo upgrade?????

I know if it's here or somewhere else even if someone can point me in the right direction i would really appriciate it.I been searching for the past couple days on this stuff amd figured out little things but got couple questions.

I just bought me a 1999 Blazer and fixing it up so I decided to do the corvette servo mod. My transmission just been rebuilt not to long before I got it but I thought about doing this mod to extend it's life as much as I can. I am looking at eBay for the corvette servo and planning on getting the one with the .500 boost valve and sleeve. And they have one with accumulator piston and didn't know if I should get the one without the Pistons and do the billet pistons?

Now this confuses me is the billet pistons worth getting? And cons? And is the billet a pinless? I know they talking about pinless and billet and don't know if these are different or same?

And do you do 1-2 or 3-4 or both? Both pinless or just one and leave the other?

Please help thank you for your time

Last edited by 71Blazer; 06-05-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:45 AM
burned is on a distinguished road

The corvette servo is going to allow the transmission to shift more quickly and efficiently from first to second gear and add about 50% more holding power in second gear. If you want to extend the life of your transmission then upgrade to a larger cooler.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

The accumulator and corvette band piston are two different things. I dont think the accumulator can be changed only its springs. The servo has a different size outer to inner. The .500 boost valve is a front pump regulator that for the most part is done electronically. All of thease things I have done to 700r4 but not to 4l60e. I have been told by persons nore knowledge than me that there are 4 sizes of servo pistons and they are chosen by noting the vehicle hourse power to weight ratio, than tweaked by required firmness. His opin is that the vette would hit too hard in a 4.3 blazer, but everyone on this forum disagrees. When I had a gen1 5.7 it was the best ever.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Beginning Member

OK thanks. I drive it everyday and wheel it on the weekends. I also looking at accumulators. I found out the 3-4 accumulator is aluminum so I shouldn't have to replace or upgrade? And 1-2 is known to Crack and billet with stock springs is a good upgrade with the corvette servo? And fwd accumulator they say don't usually have any issues but would it also be good to replace or billet that too?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:04 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

As long as they arent plastic and the bores are good you should be good. They went to plastic to avoid similar metal to metal contact and commensurate wear of the bore. Billet will give you bragging rights.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks lewhite yea I just been doing some looking and I just want to make sure the trans will hold up wheeling on the weekends and everyday drive. And just trying to keep it running strong for a long time

Old 06-05-2015, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

THe servo upgrade will definitely make your trans last longer. What is does is stop the slipping of your clutch plates slowing down wear and tear. Stock servo was set up for grampa and gramma who like a smooth not denture rattling shift. I have it and love it. Its not harsh at all

Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Beginning Member

So there is a kit on ebay with corvette servo 2 metal accumulators, .500 boost valve and sleeve is that all a good upgrade. I am not pulling anything but just want it to handle a little abuse and longivity

Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Beginning Member

I didn't know to get that kit or just the corvette servo boost valve and doing the 1-2 billet accumalator? I seen that the 3-4 is aluminum and don't need to be replaced and it's alot more work. They say they usually don't have much trouble on the fwd accumulator but should I replace it anyways if I am doing the 1-2 and should the accumalators be billet or metal?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Beginning Member

So is the only accumulator 3-4 and forward is both aluminum? So that mean it's only 1-2 is plastic and only one needs to be upgraded?

Quick Reply: corvette servo upgrade?????