Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

damn engine gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:17 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: damn engine gremlins

Thor- get rid of the bosch plugs you put in... I had them in mine and the truck ran like crappola...I went back to ac-delco and havent had a problem.I`m gonna be ordering my wires cap and rotor soon from www.autopartswarehouse.com its 177.00 for the parts i want ac-delco.. they have them.. also they carry moog ball joints if anyone else reads this post and has that problem with their veh..I keep getting discount offers from ordering so much stuff from them and their shipping is free..

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:27 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

The vacuum line is located on the back of teh intake manifold by the distributor. Look for the port, its hidden but its there.

It could be your spark plugs, however generally no codes indicates gas pressure problems. The puter doesn't monitor gas pressure, it assumes the correct pressure is present. It could also be a vacuum leak, and the puter doesn't monitor vacuum pressure. Does your HVAC change from the floor to the dash or any other setting?

There should be a sticker under the hood that shows all your vacum hoses and where they go, its part of teh emission sticker.

Old 07-18-2008 | 08:04 PM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I thought I got rid of my Gremlins but they are still around. Problem Intermitant rough idel
I changed plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter all vaccume lines,cleaned EGR, seafoamed it, checked fuel pressure It was good. If I start vehicle it is fine if I rev engine and the let the idel return to normal it will rough idel sometimes. If I stop at a light it will rough idel sometimes. Anybody have any other ideas. 1995 Blazer 4.3 L Vin W replaced Engine it now has 89,000 miles.

Thanks for any help

Old 07-19-2008 | 07:18 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The TBI injectors are easy to replace. Remove AirCleaner, Spacer, Disconnect Connectors, Pry up with a screwdriver and they pop out. Piece of cake.

Old 07-20-2008 | 12:06 AM
Starting Member

I have the spider set up I guess I'll just wait for another code to pop up, going to try and clean the IAC and EGR again hopefully it will solve the problem

Old 07-21-2008 | 08:46 PM
|
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I Replaced the CPI unit......$300....ouch,
When i Took of the intake plenum(upper intake manifold) There were pools of gas at the bottom. so i cleaned it all up and replace the Cpi spider.
Then when i was test driving it, i switched on my AC and it would only blow out of the floor vents.......After relizing i didn't reconnect any of the vaccuum lines i pulled over and put them all back on, First thing it did to me after restarting the engine was die right away, well i figured that was just the engine repressurizing everything, second time engine stayed on but the ideling ruff came back, so which vaccuum line is the most likely that i Have to replace, cause after the cpi unit my account is dead

Changing the CPI unit got rid of the smell of gas when driving down the road, and missing at high speeds(started about a day after my last post)

but what confuses me is that when i had all the vaccuum lines disconected it ran perfectly, so if it is a leak it would seem that it would run better, or do i have a clogged line somewere, cause that would be easier to test.

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:02 PM
Starting Member

Sorry Thor for hogging you Posts,but we have simular problems with our trucks,
My lastest upgrade, was to replace IAC, TPS and I cleaned the map sensor, the hole it goes into was sludged up, Truck is still acting up with a rough idel intermitant though,There are no codes being tripped and when checked on the Tec 2 everything seems to be fine, before replacing the Injectors anyone have any more ideas for me I have replaced all vaccume lines as well
Thanks

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:05 PM
Starting Member

forgot to add when I started the truck today it had a high idel, I shut it off and restarted, it was fine, I did have the vaccum lines off before the high idel if I fether the throttle I get the rough idel and if I do it a few more time it will smooth out.
Help!!!