Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

defrost hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 AM
2000_BlzrLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default defrost hesitation

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and how to fix it. When i have the a/c or defrosters on the truck will noticable lose a little power whenever the compresser kicks in. It kind of hesitates a little bit. Its very annoying and i was wondering if theres any fix for it.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: defrost hesitation

it might be the clutch assembly that might be a problem it may need to be lubed or replaced mine is doing it and i sprayed some lithium grease down behind the clutch and it stoped doing so i don't know if its a temporary fix or a good fix

Old 10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Spraying lithium grease on the AC Clutch? That isn't sound advice...

If the AC engaging has a noticable impact on the performance of the truck, then one of two things are occuring. The first of which is possibly a problem with the AC system causing it to use excessive power when engaged. The other is that your engine is not running correctly and is down on power to the point where the horsepower used to drive the compressor is enough to be noticable when cruising along.

My Bravada would be slightly noticable when cruising a long at slower speeds, but anything 50+mph would be fine. And that was running in tip top shape.

So I would first have to ask when the last time you did a tune up was. Next would be how does the AC system work? Does it blow nice and cold?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM

It is nice and cold and a tune-up was just done but i dont know about the fuel filter. Also if i start the truck back up after just shutting it off it will sometimes sputter and almost die until i hit the gas and start moving. Like after i run in somewhere to get coffee or fill it up with gas. any ideas.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you cleaned the MAF sensor? A dirty MAF sensor can cause many driveability concerns and is pretty quick and easy to clean. You will need to remove the MAF sensor from the intake duct work. Then disassemble the MAF sensor from the inlet and outlet horns. Using MAF specific cleaner, spray the elements of the MAF sensor. If you find that the elements do not get completely clean (white/silver color), then you may want to try some manual cleaning with a q-tip dipped in the cleaning solution from the can (spray it in the cap). BE VERY CAREFUL as the MAF sensor is quite expensive and if even one element breaks free, the entire MAF is useless.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM

I cleaned the MAF a while back but ill do it again. Also i hooked up the obd2 scanner because the CEL came on. It came up as "Engine Control Relay Feedback Circut" I forgot the code but im pretty sure it has something to do with the stalling and hesitation.