Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Engine ping and PO1345 code

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you replaced either the CMP sensor, the CKP sensor, and/or the distributor? Any of these items would require a CASE learn to be performed so that the PCM knows the precise calibration between the CKP & CMP sensors.

Also, have you verified that the distributor is in properly? If it is advanced one tooth, it is possible for it to run, but not run properly as the PCM wouldn't be able to retard the timing properly for certain conditions.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Beginning Member
daddytech is on a distinguished road

keep in mind depending on the mileage you could also just have a stretched timing chain that might be causing the problem. the crank positioning sensor could be bad also causing the problem but not sure of a way to check that sensor other than to change it and if the code still is there that wasn't the problem. none of this may be your answer but it is something else to consider too.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:18 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the distributor and CKP from my old engine when I installed this engine over a year ago. It ran great. This just started a couple of months ago. I did pull the distributor and check the gear and the timing position. I actually did it twice. It is spot on. It does run much better now. All the power is back. I think the dist was a little loose. It is now nice and tight. This engine has about 80K on it.
I do not really want to get into parts swapping. That can get expensive. I will see if I can find a way to check the operation of the CMP CKP.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well crap. There you go. The cam, crank, etc are all different. I must have glossed over the fact that you replaced the engine... You need a CASE learn (aka crankshaft variation relearn procedure).

Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do. I will report back.