Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Excess vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Starting Member
MomBusa is on a distinguished road
Default Excess vibrations

I own a Jimmy 2005 and when I drive it vibrates a lot.GM changed the driving shaft, transfer case,differential and now that my extended warranty is over, you can figure where they told me to go.....they even told me to drive below 90km/hr so that it is not too hard to drive....imagine ......I only have 60000km or 36000miles,someone told me it is probably in my transmission but GM did not want to to spend the money.Did anyone here had or has that problem????I love my truck but it is dangerous to drive over 100k or 60m/h I need help please,thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of whether your warranty is up now, if the problem was brought to their attention while the warranty was in effect and they failed to cure it, they are still obligated to remedy the situation.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
MomBusa is on a distinguished road

I contacted GM and they told me that my warranty is over and thats it, they worked on the Jimmy from september 2009 to may 26 2010 when my warranty ended,they would keep my truck for weeks at the time ,never solving the issue,how can I force them to look it over again?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Beginning Member
brooklynRick is on a distinguished road

Just Keep at it and go up the chain making noise.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Old 02-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Get in contact with a lawyer if you have to, but talk with the district attorney first and see what your options are. You have all of the records and the law is on your side. If the problem was never resolved after repeated attempts to fix it, they are still responsible. You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, get in touch with local newspapers, etc.

You should have really kept the pressure on them instead of waiting 9 months though...