Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Having trouble shifting when hot..

Old 06-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Blzerfan is on a distinguished road
Default Having trouble shifting when hot..

My 92 S10 Blazer Tahoe works fine in the morning on the way to work. On the way home however about halfway through my drive, it stops downshifting and seems to bog my engine. If I am light on the throttle it will get up to speed eventually but when I put the hammer down all it does is backfire and nothing else. Please help I am in the process of changing my transmission filter right now just bought the TCC for it as well. She only has a hundred and eighteen thousand so I am really just guessing. Don't know anything about transmision problems. Any advice would be appreciated

Old 06-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Blzerfan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blzerfan
My 92 S10 Blazer Tahoe works fine in the morning on the way to work. On the way home however about halfway through my drive, it stops downshifting and seems to bog my engine. If I am light on the throttle it will get up to speed eventually but when I put the hammer down all it does is backfire and nothing else. Please help I am in the process of changing my transmission filter right now just bought the TCC for it as well. She only has a hundred and eighteen thousand so I am really just guessing. Don't know anything about transmision problems. Any advice would be appreciated
changed filter and shift solenoid. Absolutely no change. Am I looking in the wrong place. Please help