Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

hello gov'ner

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Razz143 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello gov'ner

so im drivong down the highway saturday morning and a strange smell was coming out of my 91 FS blazer. almost immediately there was a plume of white smoke coming out the back and my RPM's spiked. I pulled over and shut it off. after 186$ for a tow job I was praying that I didnt trash my trans. The dealer called this morning and told me that the govner went. I always though that the govner was just to controll speed and couldnt cause the trans fluid to spew out all over the place. any ideas?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It should not have caused the fluid to exit the transmission... Well, unless it flew apart and took the cover off in the process.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Yeah the governor cap poped off and dumped the fluid. The shop is trying to tell me that the trans is shot and wanted me to trade it in on a newer vehicle. I told him to take a flying leap and am having it towed back home so i can get a second opinion.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully nothing else was damaged in the governor's quick release from its duties...

Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 PM

thats what I am hoping. I talked to a tranny guy today and he said to bring it to him and he would take a look. He said that if I pulled over right away then it should be ok.