Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
herdman123 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy help

hello everyone, i have a 2001 chevy zr2 blazer. i am wondering what could be wrong with my truck, i have a rapid leak of antifreeze, along with poor acceleration and trouble starting, i recently had my distributer cap replaced, thinging that would help with the starting issues, i have had my fuel pump checked as well as my spark plugs, any ideas?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

I would start with the antifreeze issue. Are there any visible leaks? Does it smell like coolant from the exhaust? Is there coolant on the oil filler cap?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Starting Member
herdman123 is on a distinguished road

well i have yet to take a closer look at it yet, i am going to spend the day trying to diagnose what is actually the problem, but yeah like i said with the rapid leak i put close to a gallon of water and antifreeze in my radiator and within five hours it has almost completely leaked out

Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

That is a serious leak. If you can't find any visual leaks then it sounds like the lower intake gasket failed. I hope you didn't let it over heat or you could have blown a head gasket! The lower isn't a hard job just time consuming.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

i am going to spend the day trying to diagnose what is actually the problem
A lot of people would say that IS the actual problem. If there aren't any visable leaks on the driveway etc then you're burning it off - hence the actual problem. That would cause crappy running conditions - burning coolant with gas & air.
Trouble starting - because antifreeze is being pushed into the cylinders after you shut it off.
What did the spark plugs look like when you changed them, what color, condition?
Does it smoke a bit when you start it after running to operating temp & shutting it off for awhile? If so then <what that kitty said>

Last edited by Rottidog; 04-06-2012 at 12:31 AM.