Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

help trouble starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 AM
xanmanz31 is on a distinguished road
Default help trouble starting

hey guys and gals ive got a 96 4x4 s10 blazer with the 4.3 vortec. my issue is that my check engine light is on and it has a lot of trouble starting. I have to crank on it for a while to get it to start after it warms up it starts fine. i ran codes at auto zone that said either vacuum or air temp sensor. i replaced the air tem sensor twice and still not fixed. i really need a vacuum diagram of dash and motor. thanks in advance

xan

Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What were the codes specifically...?

Vacuum diagrams have been posted in other threads which you should be able to locate using the search function.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 AM

i dont have the specific codes and i searced for diagrams and can only find one under dash for a 95 wich has a diferent motor

Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Get the specific codes and we can go from there. Your description of the code has several possibilities, each of which having different diagnostic paths.

About the vacuum diagrams, I know I have posted the '97 dash vacuum diagrams before so it's out there.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 AM

ok so i got the print out from auto zone says the iac counts are higher than expected. also says possible engine vacuum leak, dirty throttle body (cleaned), iac motor defective, or poor conection on iac, the oem # to cross ref is p0507

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Administrator

P0506/P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Lower/Higher Than Expected

Did you clean the IAC motor and its bore when you cleaned the throttle body?

Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 AM

i dont guess i did i cleaned right inside the throttle body but i didnt completely pull it off to do it ill try that and let ya know what happens

Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Administrator

The IAC must be removed to properly clean it. It can be removed with the throttle body still installed on the engine.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM

ok so update on my issue i replaced the throttle position sensor which caused the check engine light to go off but still wont start worth crap when cold. i replace the air temp sensor right infront of throttle body and no help there either. whatever it is isnt tellin the computer to pour enough gas when the block is cold. im really at a loss and must fix bc its my only car

Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM

I'm still having the issue and about a week after the check engine light went off it came back on I'm all out of ideas and places to look. I never could find a vacum diagram