Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

hose will not budge!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:09 PM
ant2297 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hose will not budge!

a hose behind the a/c bracket, which i think is a heater hose will not want to budge at all! i am using the right size wrench and all i am doing is rounding the edges. i stopped messing with it for now, but this is the only hose that i need to remove to remove the lower intake manifold. if there isnt a way of removing it(which i will find out later), how much does this hose cost? and whats the purpose. it seems to lead to the bottom of the block.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
Fivspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hose will not budge!

If you're attempting this repair, you're probably pretty good with tools, but just in an effort to be helpful, if you can get to this bolt with a 5-point socket, verses a 10point socket or open end wrench, it'll give you more contact area and be much less likely to round. Might help someone out there anyway.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he is talking about the EGR supply tube. You may want to try some penetrating oil on the connection. You may also want to try some heat on the lower intake manifold, cooling the fitting with some penetrating oil.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 PM
ant2297 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea. i looked up egr supply tube online and im pretty sure thats what it is. and i tried heat and penetrating oil. the nut is just getting worse. if worst comes to worst i think im gonna have too. but it looks pretty difficult getting to the other end...

and i cant seem to find this hose anywhere. where would i be able to order something like this?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wrench or socket?
6 point or 12 point?
What size bolt?

Heater hose would run into the firewall. If it is the heater hose your local autoparts store will sell you the hose. Its generally a bulk item they carry in stock on a roll in the back. Or you could order a new one from your preferred GM dealer parts center.

Are you coming at this boltfrom the top or side?

Vise Grips are amazing tools if you can get them on there. crank the crap out of them and use two hands to secure it to the bolt. Once you break the bolt free use a normal tool.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 PM
ptg327 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Blazer is the usuall rust from top to bottom, front to back andPB Blaster helped me a million times. just be patient and use it more than once. wrap a rag around it and soak it over night.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Tim, it is the EGR supply tube that he is talking about and this can be a pain. I am not sure I would advise the use of vice grips as it is possible to squash the large flare nut style connection. If you do this, you should expect to replace the EGR supply tube. And as already surmised, it is very fun to get at down on the exhaust manifold.