Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

How do I find the part # for my transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
PowerT39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I find the part # for my transfer case

I have a blazer 2000, 2 door, 4WD, Electronic transfer case. I was told that I need to replace the transfer case. How and where can I find the part number w/o using a mechanic. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How do I find the part # for my transfer case

Do you have the Auto4wd option?

What makes you think that the entire transfer case needs to be replaced? What is it doing?

Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 PM

I have the electronic one (manual), the noise coming from the driveline was getting worse, I was first told it was the rear diff, then aamco thought that it was the right front wheel bearing. I changed the wheel bearing, the problem didn't go away. Finally a transmission mechanic went over the powertrain, transmission and diff are fine, he then checked the transfer case's oil level, it was completely dry, we added oil but no changes, he believes that the damage has been done and suggested that I change the whole thing, voila. I am trying to save money by getting a used part from a junk yard but I need the part no. and I have been searching online for days. It would be nice to know how to go about it (he told me to look under the chassis but it s confusing and not practical).

Old 12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the three button switch in the dash, then you have the NP233 transfer case. Just look for another s-series vehicle of the same year range that also has the three button switch in the dash. The transfer case will also have an aluminum identification tag on the back of it near the rear axle output housing. It will be riveted on and should include the same information on it.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Many thanks.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Nows a good time to put an Atlas II in there

Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Nows a good time to put an Atlas II in there
Ka-ching $$$$$