Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

how to know?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to know?

how to know if i have an auxiliary tranny cooler on my blazer. and what about an oil cooler. and if i dont hve them are they any thing special that would be a good mod.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: how to know?

Oil cooler would be on the driver side radiator tank. If you have some smaller lines coming out of the radiator tank below the upper radiator hose, you have the oil cooler. You should have the oil cooler already.

As far as auxiliary transmission coolers go, unless someone put one on, you only have the cooler in the passenger side radiator tank. I would put in an auxiliary cooler. B&M Supercoolers have a viscosity controlled bypass which makes them so they do not over cool the fluid.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

The 4WD Blazers I have seen have remote engine oil filters located on the LF fender witha special radiator that is plumbed forengine oil cooling.That is mainly because there is no room for a filter underthe engine and the engineers had an afterthougfht and decided to put a oil cooling feature in the radiator since the oil filter was so close to it anyway. If your oil filter is located on the LF fender, you have a oil cooler.

I don't know why only 4WD Blazers needan engine oil cooler. Does the engine oil run hotter with a 4WD Blazer than it does with 2WD? I don't think so.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

On all 4wd 2nd gens, the oil filter is located under the radiator and the cooler lines run to the driver side radiator tank for the cooler.

And no, I do not believe that they run any hotter. I believe the stock oil cooler was added initially for the towing package as that is where it started with many other GM vehicles.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

Does 2WD Blazers with theoptional towing package have a oil cooler and remote filter?

Or does only 4WD Blazers have that feature with or without a towing package.