Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Well we need to do what we can to get your vehicle on the road asap.My hands are tied I live to far away to help.I know your in a rough preditment right now.I can only guess but Im also assuming you have to bum rides from friends to get around right now or are you stil driving the Jimmy?I know how they gets been there done that.Im very lucky If I dont have something to drive Im less than 10 minutes either direction from about any store I need to go to or can ride the bus to my docs if I have to.BTW I attached a pic of my Camaro I used to have,this is a chevy.

Attached Thumbnails Issues...-house-truck-camaro.jpg  

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 03-18-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:25 AM
chevygirl350 is on a distinguished road

I've been fortunate enough to drive my mom's car. She just had hip surgery and hasn't been able to go to work; it's a 2008 Mitsubishi endeavor... and I hate it!! It's fast, for an SUV, but it can't stop... the ABS is whack, to say the least. And she'll need it back when she can go back to work.
Your camaro looks clean I have to say that camaros are my favorite, even over vettes. One day I'll get mine on the track, but I need my blaze on the road...

Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Starting Member
bryanbc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevygirl350
The only way I can think of to get the shop to honor the warranty is if I get someonen who does know the internals of the tranny to tell them that they screwed up... They told me as long as I owned the vehicle, the tranny's under warranty. I've got a file waiting for a BBB if things need to go that route, but I'll definitely keep checking on here, and keep it updated....
As of my camaro... it's in bad shape. Rule #1: hide keys from high school "know-it-alls"... the smf scrapped my motor and tranny, so I'd need both ... plus a radiator, and whatever else is missing. the whole front end is just the frame and the azzhole put my fenders in the backseat and totally destroyed the front bumper clip. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with it. It makes me cry to see her like that... It was supposed to be my project drag car, and it ran beautifully, but stock... my brother decided to take it to high school drags while i was out of state, and blew my radiator and motor for sure, who knows what else happened though...

I would have kicked his *** for doing that

Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
chevygirl350 is on a distinguished road

bryanbc... I would still love to kick his *** considering I can't afford a new everything that he trashed, and he doesn't care about women, he'll hit me back, or first...

1sttimejimmyowner... I went to my buddy's shop today, it's a diesel performance shop called Diesel Day Dreams. His shop is for diesels, but I've seen him or someone in his shop work on just about anything, or he knows someone who does. I didn't think about it because of the diesel aspect, but who cares at this point! Apparently, he can help, but he'll be on vacation til April 1st. My buddy said he thinks its the valve solenoids, without looking at it. In the meantime, my azzhole brother did something; he called a GM dealer that he gets parts through for his duramaxes and camaro; they said that they also think it's the valve solenoids. SO I've found some sort of agreement here... now either the shop honors the warranty, or they're paying me back plus wherever I take it. If it comes to that, the GM dealer will do it quicker but more costly. My buddy could just do it, cheaper, but longer because of his vacation, but I could also have performance parts installed.
BTW if you love power, check out my buddy's truck, the Blue Angel:
is the youtube video; dieseldaydreams.com is the shop's website. This last truck fest, he didn't run the Angel, he ran his stock work truck named "Skeeter" and ran 11.62s with only a 1/4 shot nitros; I meant stock as in motor, turbo, tranny... etc. just nitros hookup. The Angel will be doing sled pulls this year, and I think he'll be traveling with NSPA...

Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Chevygirl I think I know what your talking about is the shift cylinoids on the bottom side of the valve body.Theres 2 of them one for 1st and 2cnd and the other for 3rd and 4th.They are relitivly inexpensive parts and could be a cause on why your transmission is shifting correctly.Another thing to have checked out would be the actuator piston on the side of the trans.Im more inclined to think thats where your problem is but it could be either components.I had mine modified for stronger shifts plus a shift kit in the valve body.My trans guy said I`ll have strong firm fast shifts but not the kind that throw you to the back of the seat.Anyways seems like your making some progress in getting things figured out.As for getting your past shop to reimburse you for work performed by somebody else if they dont honor the warranty they have its probaly going to be lengthy battle and you will probaly have to take them to civil court.Depending on the occured expenses it might be worth it and it might not be.How ever it turns out best of luck and keep us updated.