Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Maf help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Maf help!

okay most of you know i was the one with multiple filters. I know have one filter and i hooked my mass air flow back up along with air temp sensor and now it sounds like it has a cam and sounds freakin awesome but it only runs for 5 secs then dies....no power if givin gas...is it because i installed hypertech without the MAF and now i put it back in the computer is like "WTF is this"?? Help pls

Old 10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

If it was set up to run without it. I can see it being a problem. The computer is now going bazerk. Are you getting any codes?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
If it was set up to run without it. I can see it being a problem. The computer is now going bazerk. Are you getting any codes?
no codes.....

Old 10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where did this MAF sensor come from? Is this your old MAF sensor? Is it connected up correctly? Is the intake duct sealed up to the throttle body such that all air entering the throttle body has to be pulled from the MAF sensor? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes to reset the PCM?

Do you have another s-series vehicle to try this MAF out on?

A hypertech retune will not remove the MAF sensor programming.

And you do not need to bring attention to your previous setup. What's done is done.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Where did this MAF sensor come from? Is this your old MAF sensor? Is it connected up correctly? Is the intake duct sealed up to the throttle body such that all air entering the throttle body has to be pulled from the MAF sensor? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes to reset the PCM?

Do you have another s-series vehicle to try this MAF out on?

A hypertech retune will not remove the MAF sensor programming.

And you do not need to bring attention to your previous setup. What's done is done.
Brand new, Oreilly auto parts, yes connected correctly, Maybe that might be the problem...my intake duct has a broke tab on it. im useing a clip to hold it down...but it looks sealed to me?...trying battery now...yes an 88 s10 but different motor obviously..

Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be defective out of the box...

Try the battery disconnect and let us know.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Starting Member

nope still doing it..so i unhooked the MAF cause i had to take son to open house .but as i was taking my son to open house codes popped up....p0700 (Transmission Control System Malfunction) and P1100 (MAF Intermittent)...what does these mean

Old 10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Where was your wiring for the MAF hanging? Did it get damaged while it was unhooked? Did you clean the connector before plugging it back in?

Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Where was your wiring for the MAF hanging? Did it get damaged while it was unhooked? Did you clean the connector before plugging it back in?
it was laying behind the master cylinder...the connector was taped up..it looked pretty clean when we hooked it back up... but what does the codes mean...the trans seems to running perfect

Old 10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator

I would concentrate on the P1100 code which you can take at face value. It means that the PCM is receiving intermittent data from the MAF sensor. This would lead me to believe there is a wiring or connection problem between the MAF sensor and the PCM.

The transmission control side of the PCM is tied quite heavily into the readings from the MAF sensor. So if the MAF sensor were giving spuratic data, it would get confused.

Quick Reply: Maf help!