Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Misfire & fuel pressure??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
da_devil559 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

hi i wanted to see if any one happend to know why a 95 blazer would b misfiring still after changing all da wires and plugs and cap..basically a full tune up...im running bosch wires and ac delco rapidfire plugs....and i bought a brand new fuel pump cuz da fuel pressure was at 52...and the specs say it has to b between 58 and 64...can any one help me figure out why its still misfiring

Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the fuel pressure bleed off after the pump shuts off? If it does, you have a leak in the system and need to find/fix the leak. For the CPI engines (what is in your truck), the most common source is the FPR, followed by the 'nut kit' (lines internal to the intake), and then by the check valve in the pump.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
da_devil559 is on a distinguished road

ok i have a probelm wit my 95 blazer can any one help me plz i did a full tune up on it and bought a new fuel pump...and for some reason its still misfiring.does any one kno what could be wrong wit it

Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What were the fuel pressure leak down results???

Also, STOP with the posting of this question in every other thread you find. I have had to delete a number of your replies in other posts because they were either off-topic or just a duplication of this thread. Since double posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum, please refrain from doing so.