Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

misfire/short

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
mopar_challenger71@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Unhappy misfire/short

Hey, i have had some problems with my 95 blazer. Its has been misfiring and progressively getting worse. So tonight i waited til it was dark and popped te hood and sure enough its shorting below the coil pack on the pass side and somewhere at the rear of the engine. I remeber a little while ago someone had a similar problem but i cant find their thread, so if anyone knows what their problem was id love to know so it might save me some searching.

Also on a separate note my tranny doesn't down shift anymore on its own, i am forced to manually downshift it. I have seen other people with a similar problem and was just wondering if this can be corrected or if it would just be easier to replace the tranny?

I appreciate any help and will post up when i figure it out in case theres anyone else with similar issues

Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
da_devil559 is on a distinguished road

hi well im having da same probelm wit my 95 blazer i just did a full tune up on it and bought a new fuel pump...but for sum reason its still doin the same probelm my fuel pressure was at 52 the specs say it sud b in between 58 and 64 does ne body kno wat else it cud b if u can help that wud b awsome

Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP, you have to fix the short to ground. You shouldn't have any light shows under the hood!

To da_devil559, since your problem seems different enough from the OP's and since the OP hasn't gotten his problem figured out yet, I am going to copy your question into a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 AM
mopar_challenger71@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road

ya i need to replace the coil as it is rotten and shorting to the block, but i cant figure out what is shorting out by the distributor, i have a feeling it is a plug wire, just havent seen where it could be shorting yet