Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

more engine question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default more engine question

So I was given the redneck vacuum way of checking for vacuum leaks. spray starting fluid onto the lines and listen if the engine revs up then there is the leak were it sucks the either in........ya don't want to be spraying starting fluid around a hot manifold. Then I was talking to a technician at another garage and he told me that the model year of engine i have was notorious for stiking injectors. not sticking open but sticking shut. so a fuel pressure test wouldn't show anything out of norm becasue it would still hold pressure. Has anyone heard of this so called notorious problem? If so would it be worth my wild to take the injectors out and clean them or get new ones?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: more engine question

There is a test that can be performed (with the aid of a scan tool) that would show if your injectors were sticking shut. However, I have not heard of this specific problem. These injectors typically hang open (the poppet nozzles anyway), resulting in a more droplet type spray pattern.