Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Motor medic motor flush

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Starting Member
Katlin Marie is on a distinguished road
Default Motor medic motor flush

So I decided to use a motor flush I added it to my oil and I couldn't get the bolt out of the oil pan it was getting dark and cold and I needed to move the truck so I drove it to a friends about 2miles away and parked it for the night spent all day today trying to get the bolt out but still cant my question is will the motor flush cause damage sitting in it this long

Old 02-09-2019, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Can't give you an answer about the motor flush, since I've never used them, and I think they're pretty much snake oil to begin with.

As far as your oil pan drain bolt, you spent all day trying to get it loose? Sounds like it might be cross threaded. Either way, I would have kept getting longer and longer cheater pipes until it came out. With enough leverage you can get any bolt out

Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

From their website's FAQs:

Q: Is it safe for my engine?
A: The chemicals in Motor Flush are completely safe for all engines, as long as the application / use time does not exceed the specified time period of 5 minutes and other use directions are followed. It is designed to offer optimal cleaning while preserving lubricity of the oil to prevent wear during cleaning.
Q: Can I drive with Motor Flush in my engine?
A: No. Motor Flush is only to be used right before an oil change with the engine at idle. Never drive a vehicle until the old oil with Motor Flush is fully drained and new oil is added
Q: Can I leave it in over 5 minutes?
A: No. Due to the strength and effectiveness of the formula, longer application times (exceeding 5 minutes) could lead to engine damage.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Damn, that doesn't sound good at all. If you absolutely can't get that drain plug off, might want to get one of those suction pumps and suck the oil out

Old 02-11-2019, 12:24 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Damn, that doesn't sound good at all. If you absolutely can't get that drain plug off, might want to get one of those suction pumps and suck the oil out
My thoughts exactly!!! What the heck is that stuff anyway? Some kind of acid thingy eating stuff away like a bad virus lol! Righty tighty, lefty loosey..... Whatever it takes, get that stuff out of there...