Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Mysterious hose....to me lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009 | 02:19 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the little ball is a vacuum collector ball it should be mounted on the bottom side of the hood above the master cylinder, it must have broken off

Old 06-01-2009 | 02:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brickroad
Oh I thought that was the brake booster?
Your brake booster is located between the brake master cylinder and the firewall. It is a lot larger than that item there.

Old 06-01-2009 | 02:31 PM
|
Beginning Member
Brickroad is on a distinguished road

*EDIT*

Ok so that big black circle thing behind the brake master cylinder is the brake booster I suppose? The hose in question(not connected) is running right over that S1 sticker on it. then it goes back behind the motor to that little ball thing which is a vacuum collector?

Last edited by Brickroad; 06-01-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a mess... LOL

I am still trying to figure out what that actuator connects to. Still looks like a cruise control actuator to me. The cable that runs out the end of it towards the firewall (circled in red again on the attached image below) would run around the back of the engine up to the throttle body. Try pulling on the cable at the actuator to see if it moves the throttle.

As far as where that vacuum line goes... Does everything inside the truck, hvac wise, work properly?

Attached Thumbnails Mysterious hose....to me lol-photo5.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:54 PM
|
Beginning Member

Yeah lol its a very dirty mess. But to be honest I have never had more fun trying to figure out the issues im having and working on this then I have with any other car

Circled in red. Looks like that cable you were wondering about does go to the throttle body

Old 06-01-2009 | 03:00 PM
Administrator

So you do have cruise control! LOL

Anyway, where does the large vacuum hose off of the cruise control actuator go to? It looks as though it is just taped up near the master cylinder...

Old 06-01-2009 | 03:02 PM
|
Beginning Member

oh and about the hvac... the control for the heating on ac on the dash isnt even connected. When I got the blazer it was just sitting in the glove box rofl

I had that hooked up a few hours ago and when I turned it on there was nothing coming out of the vents in the car, but there was a strange slight whistle noise coming from behind the control unit... and under the hood this thing would spin then stop, spin then stop etc etc

yeah that large hose goes back under the master cylinder out of site and is really tight so not much pull on it.

lol as for cruise control... I have no way of setting it inside. I think I recall the person I bought it from saying the dash computer? was replaced. maybe the controls use to be in the steering wheel and that was replaced too? haha man this is going to get confusing

Old 06-01-2009 | 04:50 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

The spinny thing you have circled is for the A/C.

Old 06-01-2009 | 05:01 PM
|
Beginning Member

ok and that spinning for maybe 2 seconds and then stopping and then spinning again a second later for 2 seconds means what? Im not getting anything from the vents inside the vehicle. I just get a slight whistle noise from behind the ac control panel

well this should probably go in a different thread huh lol. Im still trying to find out what that disconnected hose that goes to the ball vacuum thing does

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:20 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it means you are low on freon. So "if" the fan does blow some air your way it won't be cold.