Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Mystery Line Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
gregl316 is on a distinguished road
Default Mystery Line Please Help

Hi Again;
I have a 96 Blazer with the injection that looks like a carb.
I have this line twisted and it goes nowhere. I have codes 1153 and 401 that the shop says could be related to this piece. It is getting real bad gas mileage too. Think it is in limp mode. If you know what it is please tell me and get some pictures of it not broken.
If your following my exploits I have had nothing but trouble with this damn thing since I bought it in December. I believe this is it for the engine so I am begging for help. It is in the shop again and that part has them stumped. I am now today going to go to a junk yard and look. Then if that don't work I am going to look at the ones for sale and get an idea on that part. I hate to lead them on but this is killing me. This is now personal and I am going to get this thing rite and then sell it and then wipe my hands of these things. LOL,

I figured it out. Went to the junkyard and called arround and could only get it at the dealership. Junk yards won't split it up. It is 168 I figure what the hell is another 200 dollars. God I love this thing. Please tell me it is going to be worth it. I better get years of untroubled miles out of this.

So the shop thinks that once we get this hose replaced that it will fix the codes. I can see the EGR flow code but I can't see the O2 sensor code but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Will this improve my gas mileage?

Please give your input I sure could use it

If I can sell this thing for just what I have in it I can buy a brand new truck.

Attached Thumbnails Mystery Line Please Help-107.jpg   Mystery Line Please Help-108.jpg   Mystery Line Please Help-109.jpg   Mystery Line Please Help-003.jpg   Mystery Line Please Help-004.jpg  

Last edited by gregl316; 03-01-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Found it thanks for the help.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

What part are we looking at specifically? The PVC valve whitj mount and gromet with the vaccuum line coming off of it? And no you don't have carborators, you have injectors, which I believe is a CPI on this model. Anyways a describtion of were the part is exactely and what it looks like would be helpful, so we can track on the pictures what you are looking at.

also looked up codes, the O2 sensor should be replaced if it is giving a trouble code, the egr valve can be taken out and cleaned carefully to salveage it(GM egr valves are expensive) O2 sensors are not bad, and if you are looking at the PVC valve that one vacuum line can be reattached without having to by that whole plastic peice.

Last edited by Thor_449; 03-01-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The twisted off hose is the EGR supply pipe. The last two pictures you attached show an intact pipe which goes from the exhaust manifold up to the intake manifold.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM
gregl316 is on a distinguished road
Default 1153

so will replacing that hose clear my 1153 code? will that improve my mileage or should I replace that o2 sensor too?

Thanks swartlkk you have given me and everyone else great input. I read about every new form and you pipe up and help everyone. Are you a mechanic? Or just one smart sob about Blazers?

Thanks

Old 03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if that would cure the P1153 code, but I would fix the pipe first and then reset the PCM (disconnect the battery for 15-20 minutes) and see if it comes back.

I moon-light as a mechanic! LOL