Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating

Sure whatever. You've got a PM.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

so i went out a few minutes ago but still cannot find the leak....i followed the hose from the radiator to the enging block and nothing...... whatever is leaking has to be from the rear side of the engine....i really need help... if its the gasket will it leak from there?? i dont believe its anything like pumps because when i put water or anti freeze in the radiator it automatically spills out right by the oil drain plug i tried to put my hand up by the plug but its to tight of a fit. i took out the air filter housing to get a better look but still nothing........would it be the gasket from overheating?? thats what it did now i have this problem......thank you...also swartlkk sorry for my attitude im just very frustrated

[/align]

Old 12-26-2007, 03:02 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Brian, we all understand your frustration, but nobody here can find that leak for you. Either you or a helper is going to have to physically locate the leak before anybody can come up with solutions or ideas. If the leak is as bad as you have said, it should be fairly easy to locate. You may have to run the engine while putting water into the radiator to keep it from running dry, but the leak should show itself. Don't give up, keep trying, and let us know what you find.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

i no i got to fing it but i kno its in the back of the engine by the firewall and with all the hoses and everything i cant reach it...i have ran it with engine on it drips the same

[/align]

Old 12-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

the blazer is fixed!!!!!!! if anyone has this probelm il tell you how to solve it.. i towed my blazer to my mechanic today.....he first fixed my leak but then it still was overheating so he then checked the thermostat and the thermostat melted on me replaced that. found my leak and sealed that did a coolant change and filled me up with anti freeze.....so far so good!!! its out in the driveway!!!! so damn happy im gonna go vacuum it...thanks for all the help everyone, hopefully this can help someone else

[/align]

Old 12-27-2007, 05:35 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Where was the leak coming from and what did he do to fix it?

Old 12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

i believe it was leaking by the thermostat??...it says he filled up and flushed anti freeze, put in a exp plug a new thermostat and gasket ,,shop supplies checked the antifreeze leak remove starter a instal plug it says R/R new thermostat a gasket. drill broken bolt on thermostat housing and replace new bolt...does that help? i was overjoyed i didnt pay attention

[/align]

Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I'm guessing the leak was from the expansion (freeze or frost) plug in the block.
Then he changed the thermostat for the overheating problem.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

also i got a question..he said there was a hole in my starter??? what does that mean? he said he put in a starter plug??

[/align]

Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay...that last one sounds like BS to me. A starter plug? Huh...? Your starter doesn`t have any plugs. That I know for sure, as I have replaced mine before.