Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Is it possible my EEC is bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 06:34 PM
vicson is on a distinguished road
Default Is it possible my EEC is bad ?

First I put a fuel pump in and that seemed to be the fix. I drove it for maybe a mile and parked it thinking everything is fine. Several days later It wouldn’t start. Now it seems as though the pump is not running and there is no spark.I suspect that the fuel pump was replaced recently, before I bought it, because the gas tank came out so easily, I mean the strap threads were a sinch. I also bench tested the old pump and it was working. Most recently I put in a new coil. The coil came with these straps, I guess for grounding, or something, but I didn’t really know what they are for. So as it is there is no pumping and no spark. It has all been a laughing matter for all the guys at work, can anybody help ?

Old 09-05-2019, 05:39 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Please give us a bit about the Blazer - we're fishing in the dark here.

Model, Year, Engine type and displacement?

What was the reason to change the fuel pump?
Symptoms before the swap of the fuel pump?
Does the engine turn over?
How do you know no fuel and no spark?
How good is the battery? Voltage without load and once ignition is "ON"?
You are referring to a new "coil". Ignition coil?
What are the straps you refer to? Can you post a picture?

The EEC's on these trucks seldom go bad. Except somebody has made some major short-circuit somewhere in the EEC harness.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:44 PM
vicson is on a distinguished road

Thank you for viewing my post. It is a 2001 Blazer. 4.3 Admittedly I may have replaced a working fuel pump. I would say that the sound of the fuel pump running is not as prominant as I am used to with other vehicles. Like I had previously said that I suspect the pump was replaced by the previous owner because of the ease of removing the tank. It just makes me guestion was there maybe an intermittent problem all along. It started right away after I put the pump in, I drove it about a mile and parked it. Days later I went to start it and it wouldn’t start. It cranks fast so the battery is not an issue. I put a new coil,from advance auto and it didn’t start. I sure it has no spark because I held the metal part of the wire as I hot wired the starter from the fuse box. I will try to get pictures of the straps that came with the coil. That is just my guess that they are some kind of grounding straps.really I think they are meaningless. Let me know if I can tell you more
trap

Old 09-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Just a question, did you have the key on when you jumped the starter? I only ask because it is easily over looked.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:14 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I'm still not really getting around this:

" I sure it has no spark because I held the metal part of the wire as I hot wired the starter from the fuse box."

You been holding the ignition wire either of the coil to the distributor or any spark plug wire? Hopefully to some engine ground else you would know.