Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

possibly bad intermediate shaft or bad tie rod end... but without being there to see it's difficult to diagnose

Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So it is the act of turning the steering wheel that causes the click. This isolates the issue to the steering system from the gear box to the steering wheel.

Does it only click when passing through 11 & 1 o'clock positions? Can you hear the click more than feeling it?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 PM
01blazerman87 is on a distinguished road

It does only click when passing eleven and one o'clock positions. I can faintly hear it and as for feeling it, only when I am at a low speed or dead stop.

And as for what coolasice said, I have noticed some serious play in the tie rod ends. I do have a Haynes Repair manual on hand and can do quite a bit of the repairs myself.

And now I have noticed a noise from under the engine, but only when it revs up. It is almost like metal on metal clinking. sounds like its coming from around the oil pan/pump area.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:54 AM

No more help? Thank for the help you have given me.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you waiting for? We can't exactly come to your house and fix it for you can we...?

From my last reply:
Originally Posted by swartlkk
So it is the act of turning the steering wheel that causes the click. This isolates the issue to the steering system from the gear box to the steering wheel.
Its either there or in the steering components themselves (ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman/idler arms). None of the information you have provided gives us a concrete direction to point you other than getting in there and determine which it is through observation. Have someone you trust turn the steering wheel while you lay under the truck watching the steering linkages for any play. Do the same under the hood, watching the steering shaft. Use a mechanics stethoscope at or near joints to try and narrow down the actual source of the problem. They're cheap enough..

Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

No i was not waiting for you or anyone to come to my house to fix anything on my vehicle. I apologize for taking so long to respond. And yes it is the act of turning the steering wheel that causes it to click. I misread your post a month back, sorry. that is right now the only thing I have left to do minus that stupid P0446 EVAP code. Still haven't figured it out. But I am using the info you gave me to fix it. I'm just starting over from the beginning.