Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Replacing Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing Injectors

I have a 96 with the 4.3 and i was wondering if its a pain to change out the spyder injectors?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not too bad. Getting the fuel lines off properly can be a pain. There isn't much room at the back of the engine to properly disconnect them. Removing the distributor helps (mark it so you don't have trouble putting it back in). Try to resist the temptation to just bend the lines out of the way. They can be a pain to get back into the spider properly.

If you are going to put in a new spider, I suggest going with the MFI upgrade. Gets rid of those pesky poppet nozzles. Search around the forum. I posted all of the part numbers necessary in a number of different threads.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Starting Member

i was just wondering i think its the MFI set up. Im getting ready to put a supercharger on mine. the company that im ordering the supercharger from also sells higher output injectors that are rated up too 36lbs.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to verify that. The only way that I am aware of to get higher output injectors is to go with the marine intake for the SCFI/MFI 4.3L which uses typical bosch style injectors (plus a metal upper plenum which can handle more boost than the plastic upper plenum). These engines do not have a very upgrade friendly fuel system.

If you are looking at a supercharger, do not do the MFI upgrade. They do not flow as much as the SCFI injectors (CLICK HERE for flow rate comparison). Neither flow anywhere near 36lb/hr.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Starting Member

Im just going off the site. the site is www.wynjammer.com and they are the ones who make the supercharger im getting. i also want to go with a better fuel pressure regulator. any suggestions?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Interesting. I really have to wonder if they are flowing 36#/hr though. The poppet nozzles are pretty restrictive. I would think they would be the next limit. Unless they upgraded the whole injector/poppet nozzle set.

As far as FPRs go, yours is under the plenum and pretty specialized. Unless they (wynjammer) has something different, you are stuck with the stock. Not that it is bad by any means.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Starting Member

i sent an email in so i will find out shortly what they are exactly.