Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011 | 08:49 PM
|
Starting Member
justinh4578 is on a distinguished road
Default Tranny Lines

I have a 1996 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Automatic. Driving around town everything was great. Got home and parked it. A few minutes later I saw there was two nice puddles of tranny fluid on the ground on the passenger side. Looks like its coming from the lines. I checked the level of the fluid and it was barely on the dip stick. I checked the radiator and nothing showing in there. As far as I can see it is the lines. Has this happened to anyone else? How bad is it to change the lines? Is there a DIY for it somewhere? I can't find anything on it when I did a search. Rockauto.com has the lines but I was wondering what you all think. It didn't shift hard or skip. Everything ran great but I have a big leak. Anything else on the passenger side that could be leaking?

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd start by finding the true source of the leak before jumping into changing the lines.

The lines aren't that difficult, especially if you have quick connects on the transmission side, but chances are yours thread in. Even so, it's just a matter of getting the lines disconnected at both ends and putting the new lines in.