Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny oil change

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Beginning Member
barkatthemoon is on a distinguished road
Default Tranny oil change

Hi, just changed the tranny oil on the my 99 4wd on the test drive later we a problem came about,,when i try and pull away the tranny is trying to move off in the last gear used,,,unless i shift the lever into gear 1 then all is well,,,,is this just due to new oil being thick?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So it starts out in a higher gear than 1st?

Did you pull the pan? Could you have disconnected or damaged the wiring inside the pan when you took the pan off or put it back on?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
So it starts out in a higher gear than 1st?

Did you pull the pan? Could you have disconnected or damaged the wiring inside the pan when you took the pan off or put it back on?

Yeah but all seemed ok,,,it doesnt always do it, im going to get it nice n warm and see if its ok then,

Old 03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If everything were ok, it wouldn't act that way. The fact that it doesn't always do it makes me think it is the wiring inside even more.

Are you sure you have the transmission full? Checked with the engine running, transmission in park, truck on a flat/level surface?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Beginning Member

Yep its full and seems ok when warm,,,will see how it acts tomorow on my commute to work,,

Old 04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
SCrane is on a distinguished road

When i did a trani flush on my 99, the filter fell out of the hole and caused the trani to act weird. That could be it