Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trans cooler lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:36 PM
johnsonmopar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trans cooler lines

Is there anything that would help me with my cooler lines on my trans? 2001 4x4 4l60e. I have just put in a new trans but for the life of me cannot get the cooler lines to thread back in. the threads are fine but the lines a just a little tweeked and can't get them lined up straight. Is there anything like an inline filter kit with soft lines?? Please help. I would love to try out my new trans. Matt

Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Default RE: Trans cooler lines

another idea is that it looks to be some type of push lock..quick connect fitting. how do I get them apart in a limited space area. is there a neat trick or handy tool? this would be nice. Matt

Old 10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get things straight... You are having problems threading in the flare nut on the transmission cooler lines into the transmission, correct? That is what I understood from your original post. If the lines have been flexed, you can take the box end of a wrench large enough to fit over the flare nut and use that for some leverage to adjust the line so that you can get it started.

On the "push lock quick connect fittings"... Well, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is there any way that you could snap a picture of what you are talking about so that we can help further.

I know that on some of the newer vehicles they use push connect fittings on the radiator and transmission. To disconnect these fittings, you need to pull back the plastic cover that is at the fitting and then remove the snap clip that goes through the fitting. Then you should be able to pull the line out. To reassemble, put the snap clip back into the fitting and push the line back in until it clicks. Then slide the plastic cover to retain the snap clip.

Hope this helps and with a bit more information I'm sure we can get this problem solved for you!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM

Ok I think you got it. I have the trans and everything in and there just isnt much room up there to reshape the line. The fitting is one that has a ring. I wasn't sure if that needed to be removed or it it would flair out as you pull the line out of the fitting. I will give that a try in the morning. Thanks a lot. You can never go wrong asking questions on a fourm. Matt

Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Engine & Transmission*