Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission and heavy off-road

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Beginning Member
Tetenok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission and heavy off-road

Whether there will be problems with transmission at installation of this rubber?
It will be used as the second complete set for overcoming heavy off-road.

The size 30X11R15.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Transmission and heavy off-road

WELCOME! Glad you found us. We need to know what kind of vehicle you're talking about. Year, make, and model. That will help us determine the information you're after. I'm going to assume you have a 95-05 S10 Blazer 4x4. If that is the case, these transmissions are very strong. There are many members who have 31's all the way up to 33's and use their trucks off road as well.

Click here for a video of a ZR2 Blazer spinning 33's easily (without nitrous) that still has the V6 and stock transmission. The picture of the tires you attached shows that they have tread like a tractor tire which means they probably grab real well.

Also, click on these member names to see pictures of their trucks with bigger tires: a_tack, drperry, Chevy Lover, Millertime21, RCars2, Jigg, Verno. Now some of these members have a ZR2 which has more lift than the regular Blazers and Chevy Lover has three full-size Blazers. Most of them have had to lift their truck to fit the tires. a-tack and drperry I believe are running 30's or 31's without a lift (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Your 30's will fit fine, it's the 11 inches wide that might pose a problem.

If it is a full size Blazer or a 83-94 S10 Blazer, most of what I said would still be true. If you're considered about the health of the transmission, the best thing you can do is to add a transmission cooler found here. The transmission's worst enemy is heat and that will help keep things cool.

Post up with what truck we're talking about and we'll go from there.

And Welcome once again Oleg!

Old 01-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member

At your forum a lot of which helpful information at us is not present in Russia about these cars. Yes you are right at me Chevrolet Blazer 1996 of release V6 4X4, I drive it four years. Now I have put tire covers 30X9.5R15 BFG MT, but for full impassability of it not reasonably.

Many thanks for the information, i shall visit now your forum.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome. Those BFG M/T's are quite popular here as well as expensive.

So you want to go from a 9.5" wide tire to an 11" wide tire? Those tires may rub the fenderwell, frame, and sway bar without some sort of lift, whether it is a body lift or suspension lift. A body lift will help with rubbing the fenderwell. Hopefully some of our more knowledgeable members will chime in on what it takes to fit an 11" wide tire on stock rims, or if it's even possible.

Happy searching!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Beginning Member

BFG are certainly good but at us many people put wheels from a tractor and this good decision at serious off-road, as the second complete set of wheels. More serious protector is indispensable for hunting and fishing.