Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission Leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Prozon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission Leaking?

First off, i'm going to say I know very little about this stuff but I was wondering if you could help.

My transmission appears to be leaking. Its been doing it ever since I had a new engine put in over a year ago. Its not a big leak, its more of a random drip. Anyways.. the drip seems worst at acceleration..

Its on the passenger side of the transmission somewhere. Is there a vent or a line that would be loose around there causing this? I just thought i'd check it out before it was any worse then it is.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The cooler lines are on the passenger side of the trans. Sounds like someone flexed them while doing the engine replacement and may have cracked/broken something.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Prozon is an unknown quantity at this point

Followup:
Took it up a snowy pass with bad tires, spun the tires really fast, fluid dripped faster, hit the exhaust and caught the blazer on fire.

Luckily I was in snow, so a few minutes of shoveling and it was out. Let it cool down and drove it home after a few hours. Fixed the lines the next day. They were rubber lines on the passenger side from the trans to engine bay area.

Moral:
Fix **** before it catches you on fire.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear you found the problem and didn't burn up the Blazer!