Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trany problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
MagnumRulzes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trany problems

Here's the long story of my Trany problems. On my 2000 s-10 Blazer 4x4 the rear end went up (Actually destroyed itself). The pin in the carrier come lose and spun around tearing a hole in the rear cover and destroying the teeth on the pinion gear. So I raided the nearest junk yard and replaced the whole rear end. Thinking this was a easy fix, which I was wrong. When I attempted to take it for a test drive I found a hole different problem, which I believe is internal transmission problems. At first when I put it in drive the truck would take off normally, then just as it tried to shift to 2nd it would jump and drop back to first. I tried it a few times around the yard until I reved the engine up one time just as it started to shift, then the truck stoped moving just like it was in neutral. Now it will not move at all in drive, If I put the shifter in 1st it will move normally like a vehicle in 1st gear. Reverse works normal also. If the shifter is in any other gear 2nd or drive the truck will not move. I decided to do a fluid change just to see if any parts made it to the pan. The only thing I found was clean fluid and a single small ball bearing. It appears to be a check ball that you would find in the valve body. I have done shift improver kits before so I have a idea of the valve body, but I do not know much about the internals of a auto. Is this a easy fix or a major overhaul. A used trany from the junk yard is about 700 dollars.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Trany problems

The next step I would take is to remove the valve body and have a look at it and the separator plate. Check ***** just do not fall out of the valve body...