Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

water in my oil.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Beginning Member
big dawg 97 is on a distinguished road
Default water in my oil.

Can anyone help me out here. I was toping my radiator of yesterday and put the cap on and was checking my heat and it wasn't warn I pulled the cap off and no water . I pulled the dip stick and oil was milkshake brown . I didn't drive any were. Should the motor be ok after I fix the intake gaskets. I need to do lifters anyway. And flush motor.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Dude, I'm sorry, and I'm not trolling... But your grammar is so poor I really am having a hard time understanding what the message is you are trying to convey.

Yes, that does sound like you could have coolant leaking into your engine through the intake manifold gaskets. And if that is the case, then you need to take care of it ASAP. As the two mixing together in your engine can cause big and expensive problems really fast.

I just had issues with my gaskets, luckily the oil wasn't affected. Good luck on resolving it.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM
odat is on a distinguished road
Wink

no prob I knew what you was trying too say - fix the gaskets, you might pull the plugs and look for water in cylinders, might be blown head gaskets - do your lifters that you wanted too do - change oil and filter and if you are worried about coolant residue in the motor run it 50 to 100 miles then change oil and filter again - it should be fine

Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by big dawg 97
Can anyone help me out here. I was toping my radiator of yesterday and put the cap on and was checking my heat and it wasn't warn I pulled the cap off and no water . I pulled the dip stick and oil was milkshake brown . I didn't drive any were. Should the motor be ok after I fix the intake gaskets. I need to do lifters anyway. And flush motor.

Fix the intake gaskets and change the oil. Anytime I open an engine, I change the oil and filter anyway in case something falls in. Stuff like gasket material and so on. Why do you need to do lifters? If it's because they're making noise, that might be because of the coolant in the oil. After you repair the intake, change the oil and filter with a really light weight oil. Drive it for about 50 miles and change the oil and filter again with heavier oil like you would normally use. The lifter clatter may go away.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member
big dawg 97 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the grammar guys I was a little mad at the time. I haven't done any thing to it yet . Thanks for all of the help.